Booting in emergency mode due to mounting drive issue

Idan.Moon

Reaction score
Credits
Hello. I'm new to linux so I'm sorry for using incorrect terms or something like that. Also I'm not sure about in which forum should I post it, so will post in getting started
I have 2 disks in my PC: one with win11 and fedora linux and other one just for storage. I wanted to mount 2nd one to access my files but ran into issues. Some commands in terminal return that it is a single partition without telling me file system (it is NTFS), in disk manager app was the same thing. Using sudo fdisk -l I was able to find /dev direction with my partition
Following guides I've changed fstab and added partition there after installing NTFS-3g. Then rebooted
Emergency mode booted, but with issue:
You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "Journalctl -x" to view system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" or "exit" to boot into default mode.

Cannot open access to console, the root account is locked.
See sulogin(8) man page for more details.

Press Enter to continue.
After pressing enter it repeats the same text
I've tried booting in single user mode. It gives more information. Especially this line
[FAILED] Failed to mount home-im-scrap.mount - /home/im/scrap
But at the and it says the same thing about root account is locked
Also I wanted to access fstab to revert changes with live USB but I don't know how to do it
What can I do to fix it?

Last edited:

Members online