Brighten Up Your Day - GRUB Menu Theming - Wizards Corner

This from my Voyager GNOME (Bullseye) - Debian GNU/Linux distro.

89zzkSg.jpg

Wiz

I had forgotten until today how much I like this one. It is from Emmabuntüs a Debian-based distro from France. It took the primary partition spot after updates.

42B1lZF.jpg

Wiz

I need to do this.

And done lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_140745503.jpg
    IMG_20221003_140745503.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 249
LOL If I see a GRUB menu, something has gone terribly wrong and I hope I can fix it.

My wife at the beach

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_154013002.jpg
    IMG_20221003_154013002.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 232
LOL If I see a GRUB menu, something has gone terribly wrong and I hope I can fix it.
If you mess up you can Timeshift it back to the norm. already had to do that lol!

@NORD I liked both your shots, but loved the one with the wife.

The combination of light and shadow, the ripples of water, really makes for a good image.

I know it seems to some like a gimmick, or unnecessary, but I just find it uplifting, and an enhancement to what is already a joy for me, and that is Linux.

Cheers

Chris

This one I call "Retro", it is from Linux Mint 21.1 'Vera Xfce I have just installed.

6sAHY7M.jpg

Something's wrong with my phone camera, it shakes ;)

All those Grub themes look really cool but I actually have to admit I have never took the time to set one up because I don't really care what my Grub menu looks like since I only see it for about 5 seconds once a day.

Bacardi 151

I'm way too old for 151... I am pretty sure the last time I drank 151 was when I was an undergrad - and I was already too old for that.

I'll happily join you with a rye or malt.

I'm way too old for 151... I am pretty sure the last time I drank 151 was when I was an undergrad
1983 /84 in the Army I was killing a bottle a month at least. Last year in Kentucky I picked up a couple of bottles of StillHouse Coconut moonshine. It comes in a red steel can like the old turpentine ones, 10 bucks at the time. Got 1 left. So a few weeks ago I grabbed Bacardi Coconut rum. For a little shot of sweet. I am actually making some Coconut lemon and mango chicken Sunday. I like coconut.

86004-Stillhouse-Coconut-Whiskey01.jpg

Coconut, in any of its many forms, will make the mouth feel of just about any dish that much better !

All those Grub themes look really cool but I actually have to admit I have never took the time to set one up because I don't really care what my Grub menu looks like since I only see it for about 5 seconds once a day.

^ THIS - kinda? I only see it if I push the SHIFT button during boot. Otherwise, I never see it. As it is, I barely decorate my desktop because, again, it's not something I see.

My grandson Samuel, aged 5 says "Sharing is caring, or you don't get a burrito on Friday nights".

I like a good burrito, so I'll share. :)
Since people are keeping this thread alive, I gotta say something about this statement.

Am I the only one to take notice that a 5 year old boy views a burrito as a reward for good behavior in Australia? A burrito? In Australia? True blue, mate?

LOL, yeah we're pretty multicultural here, Mate - we eat Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Italian, Thai, Korean, even KFC.

Everybody's a burrito fan.

The son's missus is from Peru. I lovingly call her 'the burrito maker'.

I also love Peruvian cuisine. She's a welcomed addition to the family.

I can roll all sorts of things, but not a soft-shelled taco or a burrito. So, having an in-law burrito maker is a positive. She's welcome to come make me dinner any time she wants.

I'll take a Gyro with Tzatziki over a burrito any day. I make both at home. Takes about 30 minutes cutting the meat, massaging in the spices then roasting slow takes about 8 hours. MMMMM. I can make Baklava, but the Phyllo is a pain, 3 layers, butter each to make on layer then the mix, then 3 more layers.... Rather just make Tiramisu, whipped cream, use Angel Food cake instead of lady fingers, coffee, cream cheese instead of Maricopa, much creamier and melts in the mouth.

Members online