Bug installation Kali Linux

OscarKlope

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I am currently trying to install Kali Linux on my new laptop for over a week but I have several problems. First, when I try to install with an ISO image mode, the text appears as lines and it does the same with Debian (I don't know if it can helps you: I am attaching the photo) . But it work on DD mode. Now the installation program bugs during the detecting network devices phase. There is no loading bar and no button to exit. I have wait around half an hour and it doesn't work. I have already install Kali many times on other machines and I had also many other issues but not this one. I am in dual boot with Windows 11 and for my pc configuration : -Asus prime b550m-a wifi II
-Ryzen 5 5600X
-RX 6750XT
-1tgb wd blue
-16 gb corsair vengeance pro.
Hope you guys can help me. Thank you

Attachments

• Capture d’écran . 2023-02-05 à 12.39.04 (1).png
    Capture d’écran . 2023-02-05 à 12.39.04 (1).png
    458.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Did you disable windows quick-start/fast boot, and secure boot in the bios before you tried to install?
If it is a brand-new machine, there is a chance that Kali may not have some of the latest drivers, for a test try MX-AHS [it has one of the biggest collections of new drivers]
your screen print looks like graphic drivers may be missing [ RTX drivers are in the latter kernels]

Yes, I have disabled everything, but still doesn’t work. I don’t really understand for the MX-AHS, you want me to install the distros?

Yes, I have disabled everything, but still doesn’t work. I don’t really understand for the MX-AHS, you want me to install the distros?
no just run it from a USB thumb drive (live) and see if the later kernel gives you the same issues - you do not need to install it

Thought it would.
Your options try to install the latest kernel into Kali [but it may not work]
or install MX-AHS and add the "" pen testing tools" [they work in nearly all Linux distributions and are often found in the distribution repositories]

Try installing Kali lite and building out the rest after you update the drivers. Did the laptop come loaded with windows or was it blank? When you flashed your usb do you remember if it was MBR or GPT? Is your harddrive already formatted? I only ask because that looks familiar from someone else I saw and it ended up being a formatting issue.

Members online

Latest posts