busybox - adding apps

PBTFrank

Reaction score
Credits
I am working with a busybox version that does not have any mkfs or mkdosfs in it. I would like the ability to remotely format a USB drive. The app (i don't know if this is the right term) i need to do this with is mkfs.vfat but it is not compiled in the busybox unit I am working with. I was wondering if there is a way to obtain or create a compiled mkfs.vfat that I could copy onto the remote busybox machine and then be able to perform a format on the USB. I found the source code for mkfs.vfat online but could not find a compiled version and I don't know how to compile it.

I don’t know if what I am asking is possible or not, but I hope someone can at least answer the question or point me to someone who can answer. Thanks in advance.

Update - I am working with an ARM9 processor.
In the busybox website (I don't think this forum allows links) under downloads/binaries/1.28.1-defconfig-multiarch/ there is a 1mb file called busybox-armv8l which I have downloaded and copied onto the linux machine but I don't know how to access the mkfs.vfat that is inside of it.

Last edited:

Members online