can i use linux ?

Leonardo_B

Reaction score
Credits
can i you linux ? I might use Ubuntu when i get biger m.2 storage . I thinking geting graphic card too
bottle neck.png
bottle neck 2.png

You can run any modern Linux OS on that, and get reasonably good performance.

It won't be a speed demon, but you've got dual CPU w/4 cores and 8 GB of RAM.

An SSD will help, if you don't already have one (I can't tell and I didn't bother looking it up). You can improve performance by adding more RAM, as well. (Assuming your motherboard supports it.) The Intel onboard graphics should work just fine, so long as you don't want to game.

You can run any modern Linux OS on that, and get reasonably good performance.

It won't be a speed demon, but you've got dual CPU w/4 cores and 8 GB of RAM.

An SSD will help, if you don't already have one (I can't tell and I didn't bother looking it up). You can improve performance by adding more RAM, as well. (Assuming your motherboard supports it.) The Intel onboard graphics should work just fine, so long as you don't want to game.
i do light game ea sports and runescape . it already got 250 gb m.2 storage . on 32bit you can only go with 8 gb but snice i am on 64 bit i can go to 16gb of ram.. i sent no more then 350 dollars on this computer so im happy. thank you

i do light game ea sports and runescape . it already got 250 gb m.2 storage . on 32bit you can only go with 8 gb but snice i am on 64 bit i can go to 16gb of ram.. i sent no more then 350 dollars on this computer so im happy. thank you
How did you go from "Money is no problem" to buying this cheap low-spec system?

As long as you don't have high expectations, a dual core, four thread CPU will work well enough. What also will work well enough is the built-in graphics processor. The best thing to do for this machine is to use an SSD instead of HDD and buy as much RAM as the MB will allow. Yes, it will run Linux just fine, and with the Intel graphics, maybe some low end games. Again, this system is good enough, but manage your expectations!

It a m.2 ssd in there but storage atm is small . i got room to add one more m.2. I can get m.2 ssd Seagate 1t for around 150 . I currently play runescape with it , my best fps was 59 and lowest was 9. have yet to have lag. I not sure what distro i want use but so far i thinking vanilla genome 3 desktop environment . Now all I wondering is what distro has good driver support .

Last edited:
If you wait use Linux using few resources and simple to tweak use Lubuntu.
AMD CPUs are good alternative.
Geforce cards models supporting Vulkan are good choice.

Members online

Latest posts