cannot change background from right click on the desktop

P

penguino

Hey everyone
A weird problem has occurred since I changed my desktop manager to nemo instead of nautilus in Ubuntu 13.04, I can't get in the background manager from the right click menu on the desktop.

The setting is available on the machine but not from the right click menu.

Please help

The right click option to change the desktop wallpaper is from nautilus. Nautilus is actually controlling the desktop. Turning off nautilus has disabled this feature.
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/how-to-install-nemo-file-manager-in.html

After you log out and log back in, you'll notice that Nemo draws the desktop instead of Nautilus. If you want to continue to use Nautilus for drawing the desktop instead of Nemo, do the following:
Code:
sudo sed -i 's/NoDisplay=true/NoDisplay=false/g' /etc/xdg/autostart/nemo-autostart.desktop
- Then launch Startup Applications and uncheck Nemo - it's called files, but look under the name - it should say "Start Nemo desktop at login
- Then logout/login

Great thank you for the helpful solution, I do prefer Nemo actually.. I found with Ubuntu 13.04 and Nautilus that I can't create new files by right clicking therefore I switched to Nemo. I guess I could Stay with Nemo for the folders but for the desktop switch back to Nautilus. Have you heard about this problem and way to get around it?

Members online