Cannot Connect view and connect to my Wifi in the network manager box

Edwin Aldrin

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone, I am new to linux and i have been trying to view and connect to my home wifi and i have not been able to achieve that. I though have internet connection through wired connection 1.

there are different ways of going about this but the first is same as windows , you need to know the wifi ESSID i.e the name that your wifi is broadcasting and the passphrase or password your intrtnet provider gave you for wifi.

lets start simple , i have a simple icon consisting of 2 pc screens; i right click and click in box that says
enable wifi.

if i disable it and try:
bash-5.0# iwlist wlan0 scan

wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down

commands and which ones then depend on which distro your using; can you tell us ?

if i enable wifi and try same command again i get:

Channel:10
Frequency:2.457 GHz (Channel 10)
Quality=70/70 Signal level=-38 dBm
Encryption key:eek:n
ESSID:"VodafoneMobileWiFi-6BE700"

so i now now system can at least see wifi networks.

is wifi enabled on your router ? if your connected via ethernet cable you might see something
at web browser url http://192.168.0.1

or similar

I am using Kali Linux and i have installed it in VM-ware Workstation but using Windows 10 as my main O/S
YES my router is WiFi enabled

if i uncheck the checkbox that says enable WiFi and write the command --># wlist wlan0 scan
it displays
-->wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning.

The same message is displayed after unchecking the enable WiFi checkbox -->wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning.

Members online