Can't connect my asus Zenscreen MB16ACV

I succesfully install the evdi-git but for display link I have this error so I also install evdi but It's still don't work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104_175252.png
    Screenshot_20230104_175252.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 111

Looks like the "displaylink" depends on "evdi" and looking at your output you didn't actually install the package that was created by makepkg. Enter the directory of "evdi" and then run the following.
Code:
makepkg -is
Then let it finish and then enter the directory of "displaylink" and run same command as above, so this again.
Code:
makepkg -is
If both packages build and install succesfully reboot and see what happens, if one of them fails to build you will probably have to wait until they fix it to work with kernel 6.x.x.

okay, evdi failed and displaylink succeeded, so I must wait. Where can I see when the package will be ok ?

What kernel are you actually on, 6.x.x?

There is an issue open for it but it seems they haven't applied the patch yet as a new release.

Someone compiled it from source as a workaround to be able to install the version with the patch, you can try doing that yourself. After that is done successfully you can try building and installing "displaylink" again with "makepkg -is" again.
okay, evdi failed and displaylink succeeded, so I must wait. Where can I see when the package will be ok ?
Best way to track is to follow the Github issue of evdi project and the comment section of the evdi PKGBUILD are usually helpful.

Last edited:
Okay, I tried to follow the steps from the link you shared but when I arrive to sudo make I have this error make -C /lib/modules/6.1.1-arch1-1/build M=$PWD make[1]: *** /lib/modules/6.1.1-arch1-1/build: No such file or directory. Stop. make: *** [Makefile:86: module] Error 2

You need to install "linux-headers"
Code:
pacman -S linux-headers

ho yeah I see but it download the 6.1.2 linux-headers and my kernel version is 6.1.1 and I still have the error

Your kernel-headers should match your kernel version, if linux-headers is 6.1.2 you should be able to update your kernel to the same version.
Code:
local/linux 6.1.3.arch1-1
    The Linux kernel and modules

local/linux-headers 6.1.3.arch1-1
    Headers and scripts for building modules for the Linux kernel

if you have Synaptic Package Manager installed you could just search for ( evdi-dkms ) or ( displaylink ) it comes up either way and install that - it is in the Debian repos maybe in Arch as well

1-png.14596

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 396
if you have Synaptic Package Manager installed you could just search for ( evdi-dkms ) or ( displaylink ) it comes up either way and install that - it is in the Debian repos maybe in Arch as well
There are only AUR PKBUILDS for Arch for those packages, and displaylink has a dependency for evdi.

Your kernel-headers should match your kernel version, if linux-headers is 6.1.2 you should be able to update your kernel to the same version.
Code:
local/linux 6.1.3.arch1-1
    The Linux kernel and modules

local/linux-headers 6.1.3.arch1-1
    Headers and scripts for building modules for the Linux kernel
when I try to intall the latest version with pacman -S linux I have a lot of error 404

when I try to intall the latest version with pacman -S linux I have a lot of error 404
That means your mirrors list isn't up-to-date, you can use reflector to update them.
I would recommend sending a pacman hook to have it done automatically when the package "pacman-mirrorlist" is updated.
When was the last time you update your system?

I never update it, I'm on linux since 3 week
With a rolling release distribution you should be updating at least once a week. Also why did you decide to install Arch, Arch is meant for more advanced user or people that are willing to put in the time to setup their own system. You start learning by how your Arch system is setup by installing Arch the Arch-way and not by using the installer.
So I would either recommend reinstalling your system by installing Arch the Arch-way using the Official installation guide or by by choosing a distribution that is more beginner friendly(ie: Ubuntu, Linux Mint) where you don't have to know the as much as you do with Arch about your system/setup.

ho yeah okay, maybe I should install ubuntu. I just hope my second screen will work on it

ho yeah okay, maybe I should install ubuntu. I just hope my second screen will work on it
You can still choose to try and get it working on Arch but I'm getting to idea you are going to run into a lot of more things since you don't really understand anything about your setup.

yes I think it wasn't the best choice to do windows --> arch directly

Members online