cant find wifi option. {solved}

abik1234

Reaction score
Credits
hi friends
i have installed the latest kali as dualboot with windows 10 in my elitebook 8470p
everthing is working just perfectly fine but there is no wifi option in my os setting as you in the attatched picture there is nothing above the network.i have read a lot of forum run a lot of commands and still i couldnt find a way for the wifi option to show up.anyone who knows this please help me my internal wifi adapter is broadcom BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n please heip!!!
Screenshot from 2021-08-04 22-14-29.png

anyone who knows how to fix this please help me
You need to install Broadcom-sta driver I'm not familar with kali but believe it's a child of Ubuntu if so you should be able to install it with this command in terminal sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source
once installed reboot wifi should be working.

o_O
You need to install Broadcom-sta driver I'm not familar with kali but believe it's a child of Ubuntu if so you should be able to install it with this command in terminal sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source
once installed reboot wifi should be working.
I ran that command and I got the error as. E: Unable to locate package bcmwl-kernel-source

I am not familiar with Kali, dose it have a package manager? if so you can install the broadcom drivers from there

I am still in front of my laptop looking for replies
As a voluntary organisation our members are scattered across the four corners of the world and every time zone, so please accept that you may not get a quick answer.
Bwiz

Is it something like synaptic I have installed that
YES that will do, open and in the search put bcmwl-kernel-source and enter

Bwiz = Brickwizard there are lots of wizards on here

Ok Kali is a penetration security test Distro based on Debian - so you need to look for a broadcom driver named sta or wl. and install it. with Debian if I remember correctly you also may need to install firmware.
This wiki may be of help Debian wl I'm not sure which version of debian kali is based upon. But you will likely have to add it's non-free repository in order to install the driver you need.

Ok Kali is a penetration security test Distro based on Debian - so you need to look for a broadcom driver named sta or wl. and install it. with Debian if I remember correctly you also may need to install firmware.
This wiki may be of help Debian wl I'm not sure which version of debian kali is based upon. But you will likely have to add it's non-free repository in order to install the driver you need.
Kali is not based on any stable debian it rolls out based on debian testing releases

Kali is not based on any stable debian it rolls out based on debian testing releases
Then you would enable the non-free repositories for Bullseye. You must enable the non-free repository to find the driver you need for your Broadcom card. The page that Bwiz suggested is a good one to follow.

Last edited:
hello my dear friends thanks for everyone for helping me in my solving my isuue.but i couldt solve the problem with your suggestions.i kept on browsing and found a way and it worked greatly.this trick will work for all the broadcom card here is how to do it
at first connect the system to internet via ethernet or usb tethering
first you need to have an account in git hub
https://github.com/join use this link to join github
Screenshot from 2021-08-05 11-40-54.png

create username
enter your mail
create password
and verify your account now your github account is ready remember your username and password
now open terminal
enter ( sudo apt-get update ) it will ask for password enter it and wait for the process to continue
next enter the command ( git clone https://github.com/prasathlk/BroadcomInstaller2019 ) it will ask for git hub username enter your newly created account's username then it will ask password enter your github accounts password and wait for the process to complete
next enter the command ( cd BroadcomInstaller2019 ) into the terminal and wait for the process to complete
next enter the command ( sudo chmod +x Broadcom.sh ) into the terminal and wait for the process to complete
next enter the command ( sudo bash Broadcom.sh ) into the terminal this will run a script and the following window will open automatically
Screenshot from 2021-08-05 11-51-55.png

type 1 and hit enter this is an auto installer which will scan you broadcom card model and install necessary files for your wifi adapter and after installing all the drivers kernel and firmwares this script reboots your system after rebooting the wifi will start working automatically
i used this method to solve my problem
at first my setting window was like this
Screenshot from 2021-08-04 22-14-29.png

after completeing the whole process a got access to wifi and my seeting window changed to this
Screenshot from 2021-08-05 11-34-14.png

thankyou this will definitely solve your issue
byee
if anyone facing issue reply..........

Staff online

Members online