Can't get Pycharm installed (Getting a .exe and not a tar.gz file)

wolste99

Reaction score
Credits
I'm trying to install Pycharm onto my R Pi 400. I go to the download page but when it downloads I just get the exe and not the tar.gz file.

Can anyone tell me why??

Maybe this is an issue when downloading other files too and someone could help?

Thanks.

Because it doesn't detect you're using Linux. Get to the installation instructions on the right side of the download page, check the requirements. You will need Raspberry OS 64-bit, and some hope for when they say "any modern CPU", they include ARM ones.

Scroll down and you will find direct links to the .tar.gz in the "Standalone Installation", Linux tab.

Last edited:
I'm trying to install Pycharm onto my R Pi 400. I go to the download page but when it downloads I just get the exe and not the tar.gz file.

Can anyone tell me why??

Maybe this is an issue when downloading other files too and someone could help?

Thanks.
Well, I feel like not just a noob but a goob…I was trying to download the Windows one…

Sigh…

I downloaded the correct Linux one and got er done…

Thanks for the replies either way.

Well, I feel like not just a noob but a goob…
We've all been there, mate. Trust me, you are not alone. When I say "never mind how I figured that out", it means that I really screwed something up royally. I try to learn from my mistakes, but would rather learn from the mistakes of those before me. Some times it actually works out that way.:oops:

Members online

Latest posts