Cant install? help

Palm31q

Reaction score
Credits
So I wanted to install Linux and so I did. I started installing ubuntu but an error came up so I chose another Linux os but the same thing happened. Whats wrong?? (
20220127_115813.jpg
sorry for bad quality
20220127_115614.jpg

This looks like information, rather than a warning. Have you done what is says e.g. type exit?

I am not sure but it seems that it has some information about BIOS. Are you sure it has nothing to do with BIOS or booting?

Why Linux won't install
The popular distributions do not often cause problems in themselves, therefore the problem must lay somewhere else, and unless it's a hardware fault, It is usually in the preparation or application.

These are some of my thoughts and their solutions,
Did you download the right build of distribution for your machine, for example if you download the
X86 -64 version, it will not work on a machine with an Arm architecture chip.
Have you got a clean and complete download, make sure you check the SHA sum of your installation medium against that on the distribution download page, If they differ then start again,
Is the installation medium corrupt, did you use an approved burning program to make a bootable medium [don't just drag and drop from your download file to the medium, it just won’t work]
If you have to make a new install medium, use a clean, good quality & formatted Pen drive or a new branded DVD-r
If your distribution doesn't load when you switch on the computer, then use the fast boot menu to find and start the installation.

Beginners guide to installing [most] Linux distributions https://linux-tips.us/how-do-i-install-linux-a-general-guide//

Bios do not typically cause installation issues, even if they are old.

Please tell us the make and full model of your computer together with the distribution and build number you are trying to install

Bwiz

Last edited by a moderator:
Try
Code:
sudo fsck /dev/diskname
to find your diskname run
Code:
lsblk

Members online