1624288903793.png

1624288924105.png

1624288952821.png

1624288975666.png

1624288992316.png

1624289021624.png

waiting for your kind help!!!!!

Hi! Welcome to the forum. :)
ParrotOS is not exactly a beginner-friendly OS. It's a rolling-release distro based on Debian Testing focus on security, privacy and development, what that means is that it ships with tools and apps that most regular users won't know how to us e, just so you know. How are you installing Linux? Please, elaborate step-by-step the procedure; you burnt the iso to a USB stick, plugged it in to a USB port, boot your pc ... ?? Is your laptop 32 bits or 64 bits? Are you using the proper OS architecture?

pop Os is a build based on Ubuntu, it is produced by system 75 for their own brands of computers and the parts used, but doesn't contain all the components of Ubuntu, therefore it is not as universal as a standard Ubuntu or Debian build.
the 5570 is the better one with a quad core 2.2 processor
there is nothing [unless modified] in it that is not compatible with a standard Ubuntu build or any other main 64 bit Linux build.

when it comes to your attempted Ubuntu install

did you download your image from an approved source [direct from the builders]
did you check the ms check sum matched?
did you set the bios to first boot USB,
did you try your install medium on another machine. to make sure it works.
lots of silly questions, but it sounds like either a corrupted download or a bad burn

Some things to consider when using UEFI vs Legacy booting
Here are other scenarios where you might not need UEFI:
1)Dual Booting process - UEFI can hinder this process because it treats operating systems (OS) as applications
2)When you have less than 2 TB of storage device (stick to MBR)
3)When your OS does not need to write code to interact with the hardware - most do not since the drivers are built into the kernel - some older drivers may have issues with UEFI
4)If you need a quick and simpler GUI that you can control with a keyboard.

Personally I use Legacy setting in the BIOS since my Hard Drive is less then 2TB - also switching it UEFI to Legacy may require you to reformat and reinstall your OS

I am also using a Dell laptop. I don't know what is the specific reasons for the errors since some details are missing.

These are the recommended steps.
1. For start, I recommend that you go for Linux Mint because there are many tutorials out there about Linux Mint. Download here.
2. Then, verify your ISO to make sure that the huge ISO file is not corrupted during the download. You can use the GTKHash software to verify. Download the GTKHash .exe installer from Github here, install and then follow this video.

3. Disable secure boot and then enable Legacy. Follow this video:

4. Follow the blog post below to install Linux Mint.

Hi! Welcome to the forum. :)
ParrotOS is not exactly a beginner-friendly OS. It's a rolling-release distro based on Debian Testing focus on security, privacy and development, what that means is that it ships with tools and apps that most regular users won't know how to us e, just so you know. How are you installing Linux? Please, elaborate step-by-step the procedure; you burnt the iso to a USB stick, plugged it in to a USB port, boot your pc ... ?? Is your laptop 32 bits or 64 bits? Are you using the proper OS architecture?
i downloaded iso file from official site of ubuntu
and burnt it using balena etcher

furthermore i had 2 pen drives and i did the same process to burn out the pop os in another pen drive
first i tried to install ubuntu but it didnt
then i install popos but in installing pop os it shown this but pop os worked

1624319054330.png

pop Os is a build based on Ubuntu, it is produced by system 75 for their own brands of computers and the parts used, but doesn't contain all the components of Ubuntu, therefore it is not as universal as a standard Ubuntu or Debian build.
the 5570 is the better one with a quad core 2.2 processor
there is nothing [unless modified] in it that is not compatible with a standard Ubuntu build or any other main 64 bit Linux build.
the only one modification i made is that i have added 128gb ssd too make it c drive and and i am using 1tb hdd just for stroage

Some things to consider when using UEFI vs Legacy booting
Here are other scenarios where you might not need UEFI:
1)Dual Booting process - UEFI can hinder this process because it treats operating systems (OS) as applications
2)When you have less than 2 TB of storage device (stick to MBR)
3)When your OS does not need to write code to interact with the hardware - most do not since the drivers are built into the kernel - some older drivers may have issues with UEFI
4)If you need a quick and simpler GUI that you can control with a keyboard.

Personally I use Legacy setting in the BIOS since my Hard Drive is less then 2TB - also switching it UEFI to Legacy may require you to reformat and reinstall your OS
actually i have 128 gb ssd (added) where i install os
and 1tb hdd for storage purpose

Are you trying to install Ubuntu 21.04? If so try using 20.04 seems to be a bug in Kernel 5.11.0-11

Are you trying to install Ubuntu 21.04? If so try using 20.04 seems to be a bug in Kernel 5.11.0-11
yaa i am trying to install ubuntu 20.04
so what should i do for that?

I am also using a Dell laptop. I don't know what is the specific reasons for the errors since some details are missing.

These are the recommended steps.
1. For start, I recommend that you go for Linux Mint because there are many tutorials out there about Linux Mint. Download here.
2. Then, verify your ISO to make sure that the huge ISO file is not corrupted during the download. You can use the GTKHash software to verify. Download the GTKHash .exe installer from Github here, install and then follow this video.

3. Disable secure boot and then enable Legacy. Follow this video:

4. Follow the blog post below to install Linux Mint.
2nd video you provided is surely for linux ???

can you get to the terminal on start up (Ctrl Alt F1)? is so try installing urfkill
Code:
sudo apt install urfkill
then reboot

2nd video you provided is surely for linux ???
The second video (to enable Legacy) is for Dell computer. Yes, it is for Linux and I use it myself on my Dell laptop.

the only one modification i made is that i have added 128gb ssd too make it c drive
provided it is recognised in the BIOS then it should not be a problem

Bwiz

Members online

Latest posts