Can't reach kali.org on Wifi adaptor but can reach other websites

Wrek

Reaction score
Credits
I'm newbee.

Can't reach kali.org on Wifi adaptor but can reach other websites..

I have installed latest kali 2020.1b on virtual box. While installing no mirror setup was asked. After installation everything is fine while browsing with adapter all the websites are reachable but kali.org is unreachable. It says unable to connect to host. I wonder what's wrong with this. If I ping to google.com I was reponse if I ping for kali.org not reachable. Please help me fix this.

Thanks in advance

I'm newbee.

Can't reach kali.org on Wifi adaptor but can reach other websites..

I have installed latest kali 2020.1b on virtual box. While installing no mirror setup was asked. After installation everything is fine while browsing with adapter all the websites are reachable but kali.org is unreachable. It says unable to connect to host. I wonder what's wrong with this. If I ping to google.com I was reponse if I ping for kali.org not reachable. Please help me fix this.

Thanks in advance

it may not be on your end its possible the kali.org server was temporarily down or they may have even configured the server not to answer pings for whatever reason Or perhaps you mispelt the kali.org website
If your pings work when pinging goggle that shows your connection is up and working.

another one to use if your interested is traceroute . This command will show you how many routers or hops are between you and the host you choose. Try

traceroute google.com

mine usually has around 18 hops betweeen me and google

it may not be on your end its possible the kali.org server was temporarily down or they may have even configured the server not to answer pings for whatever reason Or perhaps you mispelt the kali.org website
If your pings work when pinging goggle that shows your connection is up and working.

another one to use if your interested is traceroute . This command will show you how many routers or hops are between you and the host you choose. Try

traceroute google.com

mine usually has around 18 hops betweeen me and google
Hello sir,
It was helpful. What my issue is I cannot reach kali.org while surfing internet through Wi-Fi adaptar on Kali Linux virtualbox and if I switch to LAN connection I am able to reach the kali.org.

on your virutal box settings are your network settings for kali bridged network adapter or are they Nat networking????

on your virutal box settings are your network settings for kali bridged network adapter or are they Nat networking????
I'm on NAT...
Sir, all the websites are reachable while surfing internet through Wi-Fi adaptar on Kali Linux virtualbox... But when is browsed for kali.org or use sudo apt-get update/upgrade, it just doesn't work... And if I use LAN connection and try to reach Kali.org it works

notice on the below scrrenshot my settings say:

attached to : Nat network

Name: Nat network

does it say nat network next to name or is that one blank beneath natwork

virtual_network_settings.png

notice on the below scrrenshot my settings say:

attached to : Nat network

Name: Nat network

does it say nat network next to name or is that one blank beneath natwork

15859209875461873903449215701963.jpg

Hello sir, This is the shot of my settings... Sir for faster interaction you can also reply to my email address as well [email protected]...
Thanks in advance...

I'm using kali2020.1b. I have downloaded the Lscript from git clone on Kali Linux and now cannot uninstall.
My issues is uninstall.sh is not highlightned when I go into the Lscript directory.
I have attached the screenshot of it.
Sir Please help me

Thanks in advance,
Wrek

Attachments

• IMG_20200426_095249.jpg
    IMG_20200426_095249.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 406
I'm using kali2020.1b. I have downloaded the Lscript from git clone on Kali Linux and now cannot uninstall.
My issues is uninstall.sh is not highlightned when I go into the Lscript directory.
I have attached the screenshot of it.
Please help me

Thanks in advance,
John

Attachments

• IMG_20200426_095249.jpg
    IMG_20200426_095249.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 400

Members online