diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256
ecdh-sha2-nistp256
ecdh-sha2-nistp384
ecdh-sha2-nistp521
curve25519-sha256
[email protected]
[email protected]

debug1: kex: algorithm: curve25519-sha256 debug1: kex: host key algorithm: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
debug1: kex: server->client cipher: [email protected] MAC: <implicit> compression: none

debug1: kex: client->server cipher: [email protected] MAC: <implicit> compression: none

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY

ec is eliptical curve key. Your host (ubuntu) is using ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
dsa is a stream cipher, rsa is a block cipher. 256 bits is the level of bit encryption.
Your output from ssh Q query shows you have the same key
ecdh-sha2-nistp256

So the keys are compatible.
Do you have any other computer you could try to ssh to the fedora system? (not Ubuntu)

I quickly set up a fedora VM on a different computer and tried ssh-ing, but it failed. I'll use a live-cd on the same computer when I find a USB-stick. Connecting via ssh using my android phone works fine.

I think I found the culprit. My laptop automatically connects to a VPN (vpnc) on startup and it works when I disable it. It's just weird that I can ping the fedora machine and parts of the connection work, but then it fails. I wonder how I could get both to work at the same time (ssh-ing into the machine while using the VPN).

I haven't used a vpn client in a while but I remember there was a way to exclude your local lan but not sure about that.

The weird thing is that it used to work and I never updated the VPN software...

Members online

Latest posts