Can't use Wi-FI

crazyrabbit57

Reaction score
Credits
My Realtek rtl8822be wi-fi card does not seen to function on the last version of Kali Linux. I know it's about drivers but i'm struggling to set it up. I'm stuck offline (on the LInux Distro) so the github download via the terminal is not available. What is an alternative way to setup the connection of the wi-f offline?

I tried with the ethernet port but it's not successful yet.

If you have another machine, you may be able to download a file, copy to a thumb drive and then load it on your machine. But, finding the right driver can be tough.

My Realtek rtl8822be wi-fi card does not seen to function on the last version of Kali Linux. I know it's about drivers but i'm struggling to set it up. I'm stuck offline (on the LInux Distro) so the github download via the terminal is not available. What is an alternative way to setup the connection of the wi-f offline?

I tried with the ethernet port but it's not successful yet.

you could try parrot security. Its a pent-test distro similar to kali...some people prefur it to kali, but i suppose thats personal choice

If you don't have another machine ask a friend to download the Realtek driver for you.

You could also go to your local library and use their internet to download the driver and place it onto a usb stick.

I believe the pkg that you need is called 'firmware-realtek' for Debian.
Why Debian you ask? Kali Linux is based on Debian.

It's the very last listing on this page::)
Realtek RTL8822BE firmware (rtlwifi/rtl8822befw.bin)

Click on all under Architecture, choose your mirror and download the firmware.
This firmware is for Buster. So... if your Kali Linux is based on 'Stretch' this firmware won't work.

What is the output of:
cat /etc/os-release

Yeah thanks everyone, my problem is now fixed (i'm writing this from the distro! :D).
I basically downloaded the drivers via Windows. I somehow got an access to my C: hard drive, it's very practical. Then, with the terminal, i ran "sudo dmesg" and read the file path required. I created the files required (with mkdir and cp), and renamed the .bin file to the proper name (with mv). Now i'm satisfied of my work! I'm a newbie at linux :/

I'll keep this thread open so other users can get my help fixing this ridiculously common issue. Don't be shy to message me! :D

Yeah thanks everyone, my problem is now fixed (i'm writing this from the distro! :D).
I basically downloaded the drivers via Windows. I somehow got an access to my C: hard drive, it's very practical. Then, with the terminal, i ran "sudo dmesg" and read the file path required. I created the files required (with mkdir and cp), and renamed the .bin file to the proper name (with mv). Now i'm satisfied of my work! I'm a newbie at linux :/

I'll keep this thread open so other users can get my help fixing this ridiculously common issue. Don't be shy to message me! :D

glad you got it working! Welcome to linux. Be sure to create a lower level user account on your machine- just so you are not running as root all the time as this can be more risky.

Congrads!

Can you plz tell me the steps from start that you have ended up fixing this problem, i am facing this problem too. I have my wireless adpater ( Ralink chipset ) and when i connect it to one of my wifi networks (in kali machine thru virtual box ) with correct password it still says :

Connection failed

Activation of network connection failed

Plz help !!!

Members online

Latest posts