Change distros or just rename...

MikeRocor

Reaction score
Credits
<TIC footnote="1">
So, it turns out the BDE is due to explode in about three weeks with a massive litter of one, count them: "one", puppies. My dilemma is this: In honor of the occasion, should I A) switch to "Puppy" linux or B) just relabel my current distro as "Tiny Core-gee" or C) just post lots of pics on facebook?
</TIC>

foot note 1: EHTML tag <TIC> denotes "tongue in cheek" content.

<TIC>EHTML: "ersatz hypertext markup language"</TIC>

<TIC footnote="1">
So, it turns out the BDE is due to explode in about three weeks with a massive litter of one, count them: "one", puppies. My dilemma is this: In honor of the occasion, should I A) switch to "Puppy" linux or B) just relabel my current distro as "Tiny Core-gee" or C) just post lots of pics on facebook?
</TIC>

foot note 1: EHTML tag <TIC> denotes "tongue in cheek" content.

<TIC>EHTML: "ersatz hypertext markup language"</TIC>
Still only one... but possibly a massive litter anyway...
Dollar_X-Ray_crop_scale_21016_CR_NO_20240615_001.jpg

I'm no expert but, to me, that looks like an enormous little doglet. I'll find out later this week.

Breed ?

just relabel my current distro as "Tiny Core-gee" or C) just post lots of pics on facebook - Linux.org

How old is she ?...is poppa also a corgi ?

She's almost 5.

Yes, he's an AKC champion whereas she's an IABCA International champion (yeah, that and $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee - but only if you're a senior citizen).

The owner of the stud, who is also the co-breeder of the BDE, really wanted a puppy from this "litter" because otherwise she loses a bit of bloodline that she really wanted to maintain. On the flip side, the BDE carries the bloodline from my sister's very first Cardigan from 1980. So of course there would be just one puppy.

At least it won't be too hard to decide which is the "pick" puppy. :)

Yeah, that pup in the X-ray looks big. My sister said, "I'll bet that puppy goes 11 oz". I said I was betting on 12.

Well they used a chainsaw scalpel to get her out this morning. Fourteen and a half ounces! That is indeed enormous for a newborn Cardigan puppy. She's a beautiful blue merle, like her mama. Can't tell yet if she has her mother's "laser" eyes.

We haven't named her yet - waiting until we get to know her a little better. I've been told "Goliatha" isn't an option.

Dollar_and_Change.jpg

Small_Change-on_towel.jpg

I don't actually post much on FB - just use it to keep track of some acquaintances that I don't see in person nearly often enough.

But, should I shrink pics for posting them here?

hmmm... There's so much that could be done in that respect. If she has her mom's eyes, she could be "Laser Scalpel", but alas, my sister (who is in charge of this whole adventure) is in the habit of naming dogs after movies or plays or songs from same (of course with one or more kennel names tacked on for bragging rights... The BDE, for instance is "(blah blah blah) Money Isn't Everything" (a song from Rogers and Hammerstein's only flop) and her call name is "Dollar". I thought "Corgie Girl" would be great but she has a lame sense of humor so, if we go there, it'll probably just be "Georgy Girl".

But for now we just want to concentrate on keeping her alive. "BDE" really doesn't stand for "Breastfeeding Dog, Excellent" and the puppy has apparently never done this before either.

and the puppy has apparently never done this before either.
I fail to understand why not ! ?......

Rosanna ....(song by Toto, 1982) ...?

Maggie May....Rod Stewart

This page has 200 songs with a girls name in the title

Yeah, but they have to be names of songs from (some obscure) play or movie. Rock songs are mostly out. :)

1. Maleficent – Sleeping Beauty (1959), Maleficent (2014)
  2. Vermithrax Pejorative – Dragonslayer (1981)
  3. Trinity – The Matrix Franchise
  4. Satanico Pandemonium – From Dusk till Dawn (1996)
  5. Lola Lola – The Blue Angel (1930)
  6. Cruella De Vil – 101 Dalmatians (1961), Cruella (2021)
  7. Buffy Summers – Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
  8. Juno – Juno (2007)
  9. Bunny O'Hare – Bunny O'Hare (1971)
  10. Nova – Planet of the Apes (1968)
Ripley....Sigourney Weaver in Alien
Erin.....Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich (the name is Gaelic)
Regina......means Queen....comes from Latin....(rex is the male from which means King)

Who was the red haired chick with the bow and arrow in that animated Disney movie? The great great ... great grand sire from 1980 was named "Arrow" so something with "Arrow" and/or "Blue" (since she's a blue merle) in it would be ideal - although that's getting hard to match.

Breakfast at Tiffany's - the artist is "Deep Blue Something", which I think would be a -great- dog name, but that's probably too much of a stretch.

"Thing, sit!"

Hmm. That'd be wild.

Well, "Thing" just turned 50 (hours that is), so I guess we're looking ok. Still a little iffy on the weight and the temp, but it looks like we've got us a keeper.

SmallChange-on_bottle2.jpg

Finally getting the hang of this.

Dollar_and_Thing_1920x1080.jpg

My dilemma is this: In honor of the occasion, should I A) switch to "Puppy" linux or B) just relabel my current distro as "Tiny Core-gee" or C) just post lots of pics on facebook?
Just rename your system to something you find fitting for the occasion, changing distributions because of your pet is taking it a bit extreme. Not even my cat can make me do that.

That's a beautiful looking dog and cute puppy!

I think she's finally holding her weight now. :)

Thing_big_belly.jpg

While newborns are expected to loses a bit of weight right after birth, this one dropped 30% and had us worried for a while. Looks like she's better now!

We're in day seven already! A much more dignified portrait for today:

thing-day_7.jpg

She's looking robust enough now that we'll have to start really getting down to brass tacks about a name. Looks like "Deep Blue Something" it out, although "You Blue It" might go - not really a "show" or "show tune" allusion there, but we might be able to bend a little on that. I was thinking "You Blue It" in Roy Orbison's voice a la "You Got It". And call her "Baby" - although I think "You" would make a decent call name: "You, stay!"

Some of Sis's "dog show people" friends are starting to suggest names now and they're invariably just awful! Dog show people are almost as bad as race horse people that way, but race horse people have enough money to be called "eccentric". Dog show people are just nuts.

I may have to advocate for "Georgy Girl" and just pretend it's "Corgie Girl"

Members online

Latest posts