Change Distros

Noofthab

Reaction score
Credits
I managed to install Ubuntu on my MacBook Pro Mid 2009 but the install was not 100%. I get a - Failed to set MokListRT... message. I've looked it up and others with an old Mac have the same problem. What I want to do now is remove Ubuntu and go back to Mint. I have Mint on USB but I don't know how to get the computer to boot from the USB drive. Ubuntu is the only OS on the computer now. Any hints?

I couldn't get the computer to boot with the USB drive. Spent a lot of time last night and found that the copy of Mint on the USB may not have been bootable. I was able to use a app on Ubuntu to make a bootable copy and after I remembered how to properly start up the computer it booted to Mint. There are a few things the would not load during an up date, but I will address them later.

I couldn't get the computer to boot with the USB drive. Spent a lot of time last night and found that the copy of Mint on the USB may not have been bootable. I was able to use a app on Ubuntu to make a bootable copy and after I remembered how to properly start up the computer it booted to Mint. There are a few things the would not load during an up date, but I will address them later.
Is Mint installed now?

Is Mint installed now?
Yes, I have installed Mint. I get a message when starting up: Failed to set MokListRT: Invalid Parameter Could not create Moklist. There's more to it. I did copy the whole message and Googled it and found that this was a common problem with older Macs. There were instructions what to write in the Terminal to solve this, but I am a bit leery as there were several different sets of instructions. If I write in to the Terminal can I go back and delete what I wrote and how would I find it?

Before you perform those instructions in the terminal you may want to post a link to those instructions so we can read what those commands will do to the system.

Once you run those commands (depending on what they are) you may or may now be able to reverse it. To find what you wrote in the terminal use the back arrow key.

Looking at the message your getting:
Failed. to set MokListRT: Invalid Parameter

It's been listed as a BUG:

I'm not good with fixing bugs so let's see what captain-sensible suggest's.

Members online

Latest posts