change hdd manufacturer HDD

CANGÜIRI

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, Linux people.This is a query, and because a way to learn something new My question is whether it is possible to change the manufacturer information of an HDD. a few days ago I bought a HDD Seagate, but it turns out that the Xbox 360 e only reads HDD from wenster union or something, that is why I would like to change the information on my HDD, so I finally thank you for the time you took to read this thread
Thank you

Hi @CANGÜIRI, and welcome. Sorry, but I deleted your poll question. You only offered two selections, and they were the same, so that didn't really make sense.

I'm not a gamer, and I've never noticed any hard drive tools that would do what you ask. But I did find on the Xbox support site that the hard drive is replaceable... and it does not say that it must be Western Digital. It also does not say that the size must be exactly the same, but I wonder if that is your problem rather than the manufacturer. Here is the link I found:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/add-remove-hard-drive

Good luck!

You haven't said what error you are receiving, if any, so I'm going to say this;

Could it be that the new HD is not formatted properly? For example maybe Xbox reads only Vfat32 formatted drives or maybe only NTFS formatted drives. Is there a way for you to mount the old drive and see what is was formatted as and then reformat the new drive the same?

You haven't said what error you are receiving, if any, so I'm going to say this;

Could it be that the new HD is not formatted properly? For example maybe Xbox reads only Vfat32 formatted drives or maybe only NTFS formatted drives. Is there a way for you to mount the old drive and see what is was formatted as and then reformat the new drive the same?

The HDD is new and formatted in NTFS, but I will try to format it with fat32.
Error as such does not appear any since the console does not detect it, but my PC detects it.
Keep trying. I appreciate your answers, guys.

Check with a Windows PC that the drive has been initialized.

Does this help you any:

Members online

Latest posts