'Cheers' actress Kirstie Alley dies at 71

• Thread starter Deleted member 137406
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137406

RIP Kirstie Alley You will be missed. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Man, they're dropping like flies.

Cheers was a show everyone knew about and probably watched. I'm not even a TV watcher and I knew of the show - even seeing some episodes here and there. It was just that common - at least in my area.

Of course, I was just across the river in Cambridge at the time.

The bar was a rather touristy place by the time I knew about it. It was The Bull And Finch bar that was what Cheers was supposedly based on. It was over on Beacon Hill as memory serves (but that was a long time ago - and a bar, so who knows how good my memory is).

I adored her, first encountering her as a troubled woman in North and South in the mid 80s (also starred Patrick Swayze).

RIP

Wizard

In mid-1990, I spent 4 weeks in France, having gone there for a sporting competition.

When I had time alone in my hotel room, I was able to watch on their TV a favourite Australian sitcom "Hey Dad", and Kirstie in "Cheers". Of course, they were overdubbed in French, so it was fun to see how much of the dialogue I could work out, for the jokes.

Paris was humming, because Madonna was about to tour, and the French loved Madonna.

Takes me back.

Members online

Latest posts