CLI for daily notes

iridakos

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I made a CLI tool to save, access and organize daily notes.

I named it stup, it derives from the Standup meetings since its initial purpose was to cover my need for keeping my Standup notes in a convenient way.

You can find the script and more information about its features on GitHub here: https://github.com/iridakos/stup

post-image.png

Hi & Welcome to Linux.org.

Congrads on making a cmd-line tool for daily notes.

Will your script run on any Linux distro?

Thank you :)

I've currently tested it on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10 and Debian 9 Stretch. It's a bash script, I think it can execute successfully on other distros but I can't know for sure.

I do know that it couldn't run in OSX though but thanks to contributors a workaround that uses the gdate instead of the missing date function seems to have resolved the issue.

Thank you :)

I've currently tested it on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10 and Debian 9 Stretch. It's a bash script, I think it can execute successfully on other distros but I can't know for sure.

I do know that it couldn't run in OSX though but thanks to contributors a workaround that uses the gdate instead of the missing date function seems to have resolved the issue.
You're Welcome.

Got a few fires going on right now that have top priority so I can't run the script right now.
Maybe once I get this issue solved I can run it and get back to you.

It might be useful. I'm going to look at this tool on github.Thanks iridakos..

Wow!
Looks like you’ve been busy. Way more featured than my simple note-manager.
I’ll take a look at it at some point!

I still use your goto script a lot. That’s been really handy for managing shortcuts in the terminal!

Wow!
Looks like you’ve been busy. Way more featured than my simple note-manager.
I’ll take a look at it at some point!

Thank you, I remember our discussion about your notes script!

Recently I had the need to be able to log notes per day and I started writing this script. As the days were passing by, I added more and more functionality. I hope you find it useful (there's more to be added).

I still use your goto script a lot. That’s been really handy for managing shortcuts in the terminal!

So glad to hear that :D

My development team at work have recently switched to agile development using Scrum. So I've started using stup for organising my notes for daily stand-ups too. It's a brilliant little tool. So, thank you for that!

I still use my note application for collecting my general notes, but for organising myself for the daily standups - stup has been extremely useful!

Members online