Clock Screensaver

Rev.Larry56

Reaction score
Credits
If you have a "Clock" (digital or analog type) that functions may I have a copy please? Keep in mind that I am 61 and a newbie, so please make it as easy as possible.

Thanks,

Larry

Which version of Linux are you using?

Larry,
Welcome to the group, mate. Not to worry, we all were newbies at one time or another. Have fun!:D

Happy Trails,
Paul

Another option, if you want it, is to use the screensaver (GLText) that is built-in with Linux Mint... but it needs a little modification to make a clock. This link describes 2 ways of doing it (in post #1 and post #3) and both of them work with Linux Mint.

Cheers

Hahahah @atanere
You r the best. I tried is very nice!!!

Another option, if you want it, is to use the screensaver (GLText) that is built-in with Linux Mint... but it needs a little modification to make a clock. This link describes 2 ways of doing it (in post #1 and post #3) and both of them work with Linux Mint.

Cheers

Thanks big time bro! I still have some brain damage but if I take my time and am careful I can usually succeed. I will try this option later today. Again I really thank you.

Peace.

Silly question time.
With so many of you he/she out there why hasn't someone just written a small app that will do the job? Is it really that hard to do? If I ever get all my brain power back I personally will write the needed app. God willing!
Rev. Larry

Cheers

Works fine! Any way to change the text color to red so it won't bother me at night?

Works fine! Any way to change the text color to red so it won't bother me at night?

I've done a pretty exhaustive search today, and if there is a way to change the text color... I have not found it. In the screensaver options, there is a button to also work with "Power Management," and you may need to use that to totally blank the screen after a longer bit of time so that it is not annoying during the night. Today I installed the screensaver that @arochester suggested. It is quite nice too, but it also lacks color control of the digits.

I guess there may not be a perfect solution unless you build your own. While I was looking around, I realized there are really not any nice aquarium screensavers either... not like some of those that are available for Windows or Mac. There must not be that much demand with Linux users, or else someone would have done these already. I power down my computer and sleep in a different room, so it is a non-issue for me, for example.

Cheers

Members online

Latest posts