close all application from all workspaces and save everything that needs saving?

dajlano

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone,

is it possible to type something into the terminal to achieve this?

this would be a time saver for me because I have a different workspaces for all my different subjects that i like to have on my computer, and I typically leave everything open all the time but like to close everything down like once a week and create a solid Timeshift restore point.

please let me know,
Linux rocks!!

Linux rocks!!

I wholeheartedly agree :)

G'day @dajlano - that is an interesting question.

I am going to move this Thread to Command Line, where commands and scripting inquiries are best answered. In General, you will just trickle off into oblivion if you are not answered in a day.

Once there, give us the name and version of the Linux you are using, and the DE (Desktop Environment) you are on.

Hang onto your hat, buckle your seat belt and we'll take a magic carpet ride to Command Line.

Wizard

We have landed. Thank you for flying Air Wizard and we hope to see you again soon. ;)

What applications are you talking about that you would want to be saving?
You can install wmctrl.
Code:
sudo apt install wmctrl
Which you can use to list all the windows controlled by your window manager, so all the open windows in all workspaces.
Code:
wmctrl -l
Then you could do use that output to run a command to save an application depending what applications you want to save your work of.

Members online

Latest posts