clueless

ososolo

Reaction score
Credits
linux came on my new chromebook and i have absolutely NO IDEA about anything LINUX

linux came on my new chromebook and i have absolutely NO IDEA about anything LINUX
Well, I guess you are lucky if it is preinstalled with Linux. Time to experience freedom. Some people think only hackers and programmers use Linux. that's completely wrong. It may take few weeks to get used to your new linux system, but believe me, it's completely fine. You can find alternatives for your day to day using software such as Firefox as an alt for chrome(you can use chromium if you want to feel full chrome experience), libreoffice for MS office, etc. etc. etc.
May I ask what distro you are using rn. If you dont know, which distro you are using right now, copy and paste below command on terminal and paste the answer here.

Code:
cat /etc/os-release

Linux is the Kernel to over 500 distributions, what you probably have is Gallium O.S. pre-installed [if its a new chromebook]

Linux distributions can be compared to Windows in the same way as cars [say a 2seater sport to a 6 seat hearse] they will both get you from A-to- B but the speed and handling is different

Bwiz

Well, I guess you are lucky if it is preinstalled with Linux. Time to experience freedom. Some people think only hackers and programmers use Linux. that's completely wrong. It may take few weeks to get used to your new linux system, but believe me, it's completely fine. You can find alternatives for your day to day using software such as Firefox as an alt for chrome(you can use chromium if you want to feel full chrome experience), libreoffice for MS office, etc. etc. etc.
May I ask what distro you are using rn. If you dont know, which distro you are using right now, copy and paste below command on terminal and paste the answer here.

Code:
cat /etc/os-release

Linux is the Kernel to over 500 distributions, what you probably have is Gallium O.S. pre-installed [if its a new chromebook]

Linux distributions can be compared to Windows in the same way as cars [say a 2seater sport to a 6 seat hearse] they will both get you from A-to- B but the speed and handling is different

Bwiz

i have no idea what u jus said to me ...

yea been there...like reading portuguese....still no clue and i like to think i have a good understanding except in the language of computers

Code:
cat /etc/os-release
hello

Your fortunate if it's actually linux on it. They usually come with ChromeOS Which is based on the linux kernel but not entirely linux. In any event welcome to the forum.

OP, where did you get the chromebook from?

Ir seems like OP is inactive
SmartSelect_20211215-203140_Brave.jpg

Staff online

Members online