Code Lite corruption problems after software download.

ImOverThere

Reaction score
Credits
So I downloaded Code Lite onto my laptop and now every time I try to set it up for C/C++ like their website directs you too do it throws up an error page followed by something something corrupted dispo/codelite....? Has any one had this problem before?

So I downloaded Code Lite onto my laptop and now every time I try to set it up for C/C++ like their website directs you too do it throws up an error page followed by something something corrupted dispo/codelite....? Has any one had this problem before?
Hello good sir!..... :3 I myself haven't had the issue..... :) I'm gonna' download it now to see if I get the same problem too!..... :3 BRB..... :)

Ok..... So I downloaded Codelite from the Ubuntu 18.04 default Repository, and I was able to set it up properly, I believe..... :) Where exactly did it fail on your end.....? :) Was it when you first ran it, and set up the Compilers for Codelite that are currently on your Linux Distro.....? :)

I downloaded through the command prompt, as per one of the download Q&A. I have been trying to delete it to reinstall but I cant actually find the software any where. i just keep finding vmware....? But I never downloaded Vmware unless it comes with Ubuntu 18.04 when you download it?

I downloaded through the command prompt, as per one of the download Q&A. I have been trying to delete it to reinstall but I cant actually find the software any where. i just keep finding vmware....? But I never downloaded Vmware unless it comes with Ubuntu 18.04 when you download it?
Have you tried typing " sudo apt-get purge codelite*".....? :3 Then, try to reinstall it with "sudo apt-get install codelite", without the asterisk..... :3 Let me know what happens!..... :3 Also, sorry for not getting back to you right away..... :(

Have you tried typing " sudo apt-get purge codelite*".....? :3 Then, try to reinstall it with "sudo apt-get install codelite", without the asterisk..... :3 Let me know what happens!..... :3 Also, sorry for not getting back to you right away..... :(
Alright so I deleted it and re-installed it and now Its got a blank white space where the code would be or should be written. opening and closing Codelite isn't working at all either.

What installation methods were recommended in the Codelite QA?
Can you post a link to the exact page you were following?

Did it recommend downloading from your distros repositories via apt? or downloading and installing from a PPA? or downloading a binary installer package via wget? Or some other method?

If you didn't install via your package manager (i.e. apt, aptitude, or software centre), or from a trusted PPA, then it could be that the version of codelite that you have installed has some missing dependencies, or some other issues.

Wherever possible - ALWAYS install new packages from your distros repos. If you are a Ubuntu or Mint user and PPA's are ever mentioned in installation instructions - only use trusted PPA's (e.g. PPA's that are officially endorsed by the original projects developers.)
Installing from any other 3rd parties could end in disaster.

Codelite WILL be in your distros software repositories.
To install codelite on a Debian-based system (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Bunsenlabs etc. etc.), you should only need to use:
Code:
sudo apt install codelite codelite-plugins

That will install codelite onto your machine and a set of plugins for it which add support for additional debug/diagnostic/profiling tools.

Once it's installed it should also leave an icon in the "development" section of your desktops menu system.

The first time you run codelite, you should get asked a few simple questions about your compiler preferences (whether to use gcc, or clang, or any other compilers you might have installed).

Also as an aside , I've found codelite to be a bit flaky in the past. I've never had problems installing or configuring it. My main problem has been that the Makefiles it generates almost always have to be manually edited before projects will compile properly (or at all!).

As per my post in the "compiler" thread the other day:
I don't normally use IDE's, but if I did - for C/C++, I'd go with Codeblocks, QTCreator, or Kdevelop (in that order of preference!)
All three of them are available in the repos of all major Linux distros and all three are rock solid and dependable.

Alright so I deleted it and re-installed it and now Its got a blank white space where the code would be or should be written. opening and closing Codelite isn't working at all either.
Weird..... :\ How about a screenshot of what you're talking about.....? :3 It would help a bit in deciding what to do next..... :3 You can also blur out any personal info in the screenshot..... :)

Did it recommend downloading from your distros repositories via apt? or downloading and installing from a PPA? or downloading a binary installer package via wget? Or some other method?

If you didn't install via your package manager (i.e. apt, aptitude, or software centre), or from a trusted PPA, then it could be that the version of codelite that you have installed has some missing dependencies, or some other issues.

Wherever possible - ALWAYS install new packages from your distros repos. If you are a Ubuntu or Mint user and PPA's are ever mentioned in installation instructions - only use trusted PPA's (e.g. PPA's that are officially endorsed by the original projects developers.)

To install codelite on a Debian-based system (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Bunsenlabs etc. etc.), you should only need to use:
Code:

That will install codelite onto your machine and a set of plugins for it which add support for additional debug/diagnostic/profiling tools.

Once it's installed it should also leave an icon in the "development" section of your desktops menu system.

The first time you run codelite, you should get asked a few simple questions about your compiler preferences (whether to use gcc, or clang, or any other compilers you might have installed).

Also as an aside , I've found codelite to be a bit flaky in the past. I've never had problems installing or configuring it. My main problem has been that the Makefiles it generates almost always have to be manually edited before projects will compile properly (or at all!).

I don't normally use IDE's, but if I did - for C/C++, I'd go with Codeblocks, QTCreator, or Kdevelop (in that order of preference!)
All three of them are available in the repos of all major Linux distros and all three are rock solid and dependable.
Hey there good sir!..... :3 Thanks for coming along and helping!..... :3 I'm sure the OP appreciates it too..... :3 You're all cool to be around, you know?..... :3

Code:

Thank you for the input, I will be downloading code blocks today after this happening with code lite. I do apologize for the late response. I sleep when every one else is awake.

Weird..... :\ How about a screenshot of what you're talking about.....? :3 It would help a bit in deciding what to do next..... :3 You can also blur out any personal info in the screenshot..... :)
I uninstalled codelite the other day. I apologize that I didn't see the message before then.

Thank you for the input, I will be downloading code blocks today after this happening with code lite. I do apologize for the late response. I sleep when every one else is awake.

I uninstalled codelite the other day. I apologize that I didn't see the message before then.
Well, it seems like everything turned out okay..... :3 Did it.....? :3 Also, no worries good sir..... :3 I'm often late to the party like you..... :3

Last edited:

Members online