Command Line Help

Antika2165

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

Can anyone help with the below?

--------

Use the latest version of Fedora OS

After installation is completed, write a script called your LastName_StudentID.sh to obtain following options information:
  1. Get information about your operating system,
  2. Get information about hosts
  3. Network interface and routing information
  4. Display a list of users currently logged on display a list of recently logged in users,
  5. The display used and free memory information,
  6. Display if the Linux operating system is installed on physical or Virtual machine.

uname -a
hostname -a
ifconfig
inxi -Fxz | egrep display
inxi -Fxz | egrep memory
You are a legend! I will test it soon!

I have some more questions, no preasure :p

-

Write a shell script to create a directory called “lastName_StudentID” and ask the user if he/she wants to copy a file to CSUStuff directory.

You should find out that the file has read, write and execute permission. If the file has write permission then copy the file to the directory; denied otherwise.

and

Suppose we have a file called ‘lastName_StudentID_hotel.txt’ with 100 lines of hotel names, each name on a line. Write a script to print the hotel names from line number 20 to line number 30 inclusive. Store the results in a file called ‘lastName_StudentID_Hotls.txt’. Sort the file in alphabetical order.

rite a shell script to create a directory called “lastName_StudentID” and ask the user if he/she wants to copy a file to CSUStuff directory.
mkdir ./lastName_StudentID
echo do you want to copy a file to CSUStuff?

@Antika2165 welcome to linux.org :)

Not to detract from Peer's kindness and willingness to help, but Mate we are not here to answer all your homework for you.

You should ask your teacher for guidance and reference sources, or we can provide some links to reading material that may help you to work out the answers for yourself.

But us feeding you answers is doing nothing to help you learn the course content assigned to you.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz.

@Antika2165 welcome to linux.org :)

Not to detract from Peer's kindness and willingness to help, but Mate we are not here to answer all your homework for you.

You should ask your teacher for guidance and reference sources, or we can provide some links to reading material that may help you to work out the answers for yourself.

But us feeding you answers is doing nothing to help you learn the course content assigned to you.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz.
@wizardfromoz - I would thank you for the welcome, but your comment is no negative, I'm certain you've driven people away from this forum.

It seems that you did in fact detract from what you called "Peer's kindness and willingness to help", because you sir assumed, not only that but assumed the worst without actually knowing the purpose of the thread.

Whether if it's for my university or a personal project, I think it is completely unorthodox and anarchic for you to post such a negative comment that pushes people away, especially when my post was posted in the right direction, which is "Command Line Help". Keyword for this point is "Help".

Just because you "Feel" that I shouldn't ask for help, does not mean that I shouldn't, in fact, what you feel means absolutely nothing to me. In addition, feeding me content and deciding whether I will learn or will not learn is none of your concern LOL..., your role on this forum is to moderate, not to give me life lessons.

Such a shame to have a moderator with such attitude and negative personality. For you to post such a comment in any thread, on any forum, is completely out of line and you don't deserve to have such a title nor to be associated to any kind of community forums.

Consider this a member feedback, not a hate speech.

I'm certain you've driven people away from this forum.

I suspect not, and I have 2,500 Likes that say otherwise, and 30+ followers, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Freedom of speech is championed here, better than any other Forum I have seen.

That being said, we are still not going to do your assignments for you. That is your responsibility.

As I said above

Staff here and helpers are all volunteers - I (retired) put in about 30 hours a week here, and others do similar. We will always lend a helping hand to those with legitimate support questions.

If you take a look at our Forums - Linux Tutorials, and/or perform a search under such commands as chmod and chown, here you will find answers about file permissions.

Hope this helps

(unorthodox and anarchic) Wizard ;)

@wizardfromoz - I would thank you for the welcome, but your comment is no negative, I'm certain you've driven people away from this forum.

It seems that you did in fact detract from what you called "Peer's kindness and willingness to help", because you sir assumed, not only that but assumed the worst without actually knowing the purpose of the thread.

Whether if it's for my university or a personal project, I think it is completely unorthodox and anarchic for you to post such a negative comment that pushes people away, especially when my post was posted in the right direction, which is "Command Line Help". Keyword for this point is "Help".

Just because you "Feel" that I shouldn't ask for help, does not mean that I shouldn't, in fact, what you feel means absolutely nothing to me. In addition, feeding me content and deciding whether I will learn or will not learn is none of your concern LOL..., your role on this forum is to moderate, not to give me life lessons.

Such a shame to have a moderator with such attitude and negative personality. For you to post such a comment in any thread, on any forum, is completely out of line and you don't deserve to have such a title nor to be associated to any kind of community forums.

Consider this a member feedback, not a hate speech.
Well welcome to the group! Having said that, I must agree with wiz. This is one of the most welcoming sites I have found. His comment was not meant to be mean, but as he said, we all try to help because we like to. I did not consider your reply as hate speech, but I had the same thought as he did. He has assisted many newbies out of the goodness of his heart. The purpose here is to assist people in learning, by steering them in the correct direction, thus allowing them to gain knowlege. We are perfectly willing to involve you in learning, but for it to work well you must put in some effort also.

Tell me, and I forget.
Teach me, and I may remember.
Involve me, and I learn.
Ben Franklin

Happy Trails,:):)
Paul

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online