Connecting HP printer in 21.1 Vera Mate

atrip36

Reaction score
Credits
I was able to connect my HP Envy 5660 all in one printer to function for printing tasks, works fine, but I can't get the SD card scanning function to transfer images from the printer to the computer. What I have tried was using the HP site and then downloaded this (HP Developers Portal (hp.io), home of HP's Linux Imaging and Printing software (HPLIP), I down loaded HPLIP. HP said I probably already have it but I downloaded it anyway. It did not fix the problem, or perhaps it needs another operation to function after download.

Any solutions to offer?

Thanks!

edit: printer reads "no computer found" when trying to do this

Last edited:

Put a card in the slot and run from the terminal
Code:
sudo modprobe usb-storage
If this works, you can try to add usb-storage to your /etc/modules file so that when your computer restarts it will automatically load the usb-storage module.
Note: you may have to manually mount it

Thanks
I copied and pasted "sudo modprobe usb-storage" in the terminal, pressed enter, requested password, entered password, pressed enter. Card is in the slot, nothing happens?

I found a solution. It occurred to me that I had some input ports on the computer tower hidden under a door, which I never used before. Anyway, it works fine from there, so I'm good on this.

TA DA
100_5056.JPG

Thanks
I copied and pasted "sudo modprobe usb-storage" in the terminal, pressed enter, requested password, entered password, pressed enter. Card is in the slot, nothing happens?
Did you try and manually mount it after running command? See my Note: on Post # 2

I don't know how to do that.

It would be nice to have it working right. I assume at this point it's a one way street with the printer. Computer commands work but anything coming from the other direction wont, like scans.

Completely off-topic, but that's excellent work. That's like something you'd see on the MotorTrend channel, like a restomod in the making. (I own some restomods, but I prefer all-original, including the original radio.)

Seriously, that looks like something Dave Kindig (Kindig-It Garage) would come up with, especially the shaved door handles.

Completely off-topic, but that's excellent work. That's like something you'd see on the MotorTrend channel, like a restomod in the making. (I own some restomods, but I prefer all-original, including the original radio.)

Seriously, that looks like something Dave Kindig (Kindig-It Garage) would come up with, especially the shaved door handles.
I hope they are not so strict here that we can't intermingle our interests in other things that are related to getting our computers functioning properly. Yes, that's a Kindig drawing that I took a picture of with my digital camera from the flatscreen TV. That's my desktop photo. This cannot be found on the internet and it is something I lost in the switch to Vera. I'm copying this design and if you know the show, the finished car looks quite a bit different. I lost more recent photos unfortunately, my fault, but I have this.

Attachments

• 1958 lincoln 008.JPG
    1958 lincoln 008.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 144
Yes, that's a Kindig drawing that I took a picture of with my digital camera from the flatscreen TV.

Wow. I was just remarking that it looked like something he'd do. His style must be so distinctive that I just recognized it. Now that you say it, I can almost make out the signature when I expand the image.

You have good taste.

Alas, I can't help you with your printer. So, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I hope they are not so strict here that we can't intermingle our interests in other things that are related to getting our computers functioning properly.

They aren't.

It's called Off Topic and you could start a Thread there. It was established in June 2019 before you got here. :)

On

I lost more recent photos unfortunately,

If they were on the same drive, there is a chance for recovery. Start a Thread in general to see.

Cheers

Wizard

Members online