Couldn't enable monitor mode.

Jazmen

Credits
Hi, i wanted to change the wireless interface from managed to monitor mode. Thanks in advance (i am beginner ).

Jazmen

Credits
I am using Kali-Linux-2020.2a in a virtual machine (Oracle VM ) . and there is no WiFi interface. basically I am trying to use fern WiFi cracker. and turning on the monitor mode is a must in order to scan for access point.

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
I am using Kali-Linux-2020.2a in a virtual machine (Oracle VM ) . and there is no WiFi interface. basically I am trying to use fern WiFi cracker. and turning on the monitor mode is a must in order to scan for access point.
The host machine and the virtual machine can't be using the wireless card at the same time. You will need to buy a second wireless adapter, for example a wireless usb adapter and assign that to the virtual machine you are running Kali on.

Jazmen

Credits
The host machine and the virtual machine can't be using the wireless card at the same time. You will need to buy a second wireless adapter, for example a wireless usb adapter and assign that to the virtual machine you are running Kali on.
Thanks, I really was desperate for a solution.

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
This post links to some useful informationl, but in short make sure your secondary wireless usb adapter isn't a virtualized network card and then use the instructions from a post on the virtualbox forums to make your usb wireless adapter available to your virtual machine.

Members online