Covid Corner

Just a note on some of the scare stories.
All medication carries risk of adverse reaction, most people will be lucky and not suffer any [the OH has had her two doses with no effect] some will suffer mild symptoms [I have had both, after my 1st dose on days 2&3 I was tired, nothing after the 2nd dose] and extremely rare are those who suffer severe reactions, If in doubt read the manufacturers information prior to your jab it contains information on those who suffer from allergies and other conditions which may increase your risk, but wherever you live think daily hazards are a bigger risk than the medication. [EG if you live in a major city your more likely to be killed in a road accident or be shot than reaction to medication]..
Just remember NO ONE IS SAFE, even after vaccination [although 80% aprox lower] you are still at risk Please everyone take sensible precautions to protect your selves, your families and so the wider population.
in the words of Spock [the Vulcan not the doctor]
Live long and prosper
Of course all they can detect are the immediate ones, my mom passed 5 days later with a horrible reaction.
I got my shot but i'm starting to wonder.. i dare not say much here except anyone with
intellectual curiousity has searched not only 1 place. Curious to see if Pathogenic priming is
real, i guess we will find out next flu season, i really hope you are all right about trusting the plan.

Last edited:

CDC warns of rapid, troubling rise of Delta variant - Reuters
Dr. Fauci: ‘Please Get vaccinated, It Will Protect You’ Against Delta Variant - NBC News
During a White House Covid team briefing Dr. Anthony Fauci, the U.S. government’s top infectious disease expert, urged Americans to get the vaccine. Dr. Fauci said, “It will protect you against the surging of the delta variant.
You can read the full press briefing and Fauci's statements from this link (whitehouse.gov):
Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials - 07/08/21
Child mental health crisis ‘magnified’ by COVID, warns UN chief - United Nation News
Compilation: What you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic on 8 July - World Economic Forum
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 have passed 185 million globally, according to Johns Hopkins University. The number of confirmed deaths stands at more than 4 million.
- Confirmed new COVID-19 cases have risen for the first time in more than two months in Germany.
- Viet Nam is set to impose restrictions in Ho Chi Minh city for 15 days from Friday to tackle an outbreak of COVID-19 cases.
- Turkmenistan has announced it's making COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for all residents over 18 years old.
- The Australian state of New South Wales has reported its biggest daily rise in locally acquired COVID-19 cases so far this year, despite a lockdown in capital Sydney.
- South Korea has reported its highest ever single-day rise in new COVID-19 infections.
- COVID-19 infections in England have quadrupled in a month since early June, a large study led by Imperial College London has shown.
- The UK has announced it will provide genomic sequencing assistance to Pakistan, Brazil, Ethiopia, Kenya and Nigeria to help identify, assess and track new variants of COVID-19.
Read full news and details from the link below:
Compilation: What you need to know about COVID-19 right now - Reuters
- Pfizer to seek U.S. authorization for COVID booster shot
- South Korea puts Seoul under tightest COVID curbs
- Australia says Pfizer to expand COVID-19 vaccine supply
- U.S. COVID-19 cases rising, mostly among unvaccinated
- England at risk from Euro 2020 euphoria
Read full news and details from the link below:

At the moment Greater Sydney is in total lockdown, but who do we see on the news last night...Natalie Portman the American Actress out boating on Sydney harbour with her family and not a mask in sight.

Why are there different rules for different people, how did she get into the Country when all airports are closed due to Covid.
I can't fly across the ditch to Sheepshagastan, formally know as New Zealand because of Covid but then again I don't make Movies...it seems making Movies are more important than people's lives.

Below is a video that I watched one week ago and had on my bookmark since then.
COVID-19 in India: Rising Ganges river gives up India’s Covid-19 dead - South China Morning Post
Red roses mark Brazil's 500,000 COVID-19 deaths - Reuters Youtube Channel
Related news 2 days ago from the Reuters:
Mexico reports over 9,000 new coronavirus cases as infections jump - Reuters
S.Korea reports third consecutive record high new COVID-19 cases - Reuters

Population of Western Sydney area is approx 1 million people....

COid 19...Western Sydney July 10 2021.png

So empathy of course for those affected but birds eye view is that isn't a C19 problem in Sydney ? Same for Ghana nobody knows anybody with symptoms

In Australia it is the Capital cities that have the greatest numbers of infected and deaths etc

I live in Glen Innes (NSW) which is approx 600 km North of Sydney, and approx 370km from Brisbane (Queensland). ....Around 1350km from Melbourne!.

Those distances act as a safeguard for us.

There is always the possibility that someone from one of the cities will come to this town, but with the lockdowns in place the odds are against it. People from here are likewise not allowed to go to Sydney etc and come back. (unless it is by ambulance or air ambulance etc....emergency)

Obviously, a few will slip through the cracks.
But on the whole we have a good safe spot to be in......
......likewise hundreds of towns scattered throughout the nsw regional areas and the same applies to Queensland and Victoria and indeed to all of Australia.

Andy's (@captain-sensible) statement ....nobody knows anyone with symptoms holds true for here as well.

My daughter lives close to Sydney and is in fact in the greater sydney area (59km).......and she only knows a small handful of infected people.

Different times folks.....Go with the flow. Keep your head on straight. Allow common sense to protect you.

ie......if there were many people running around with loaded shotguns intent on blowing people away, you would stay indoors and protect you and yours.
Same mindset required for C19

Bad analogy?....yeah I know.

Lucky to have shotguns and not C19 !

At least with shotguns, you can fire back...

NSW records 77 new COVID-19 cases and one death - 9 News Australia

If you prefer reading, you can refer to the article below from ABC
Indonesia’s Covid-19 Deaths Exceed 1,000 in Daily Record - Bloomberg Quicktake
Russia reports record high daily COVID-19 deaths, over 25,000 new cases - Reuters
Woman, 90, infected with Alpha and Beta Covid variants at the same time - The Guardian
EU delivers enough doses to vaccinate 70% of adults, von der Leyen says - Reuters

Delta Variant Showing More Severe Disease: Johns Hopkins - Bloomberg Markets and Finance
Researchers identify 13 genetic variations that can make you more susceptible to COVID-19 - Business Insider
Map shows how almost all the US counties where COVID-19 is surging have vaccination rates below 40% - Business Insider
counties-business-insider-1.png

counties-business-insider-2.png

Compilation of facts: Latest on the worldwide spread of the coronavirus - Reuters
Summary from the news link above:
EUROPE:
- The European Union has delivered enough coronavirus vaccine doses to member states to reach a target to fully vaccinate at least 70% of adults in the bloc.

Asia-Pacific:
- The Chinese sales agent for Germany's BioNTech SE (22UAy.DE) said on Sunday it had signed a deal to provide 10 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to Taiwan
- Japan's Fukushima prefecture will bar spectators from the Olympic events it hosts this summer due to rising COVID-19 infections
- South Korea reported 1,100 new coronavirus cases for July 11, the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency said on Monday

AMERICAS:
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday updated its guidance for U.S. schools reopening in the fall, recommending masking indoors for everyone who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and three feet of distance within classrooms.
- Thousands of Cubans joined street protests on Sunday in the biggest anti-government demonstrations on the Communist-run island in decades amid its worst economic crisis since the fall of the Soviet Union and a record surge in coronavirus cases.

MEDICAL DEVELOPMENTS:
- The benefits of mRNA vaccines outweigh the very small risk they might cause heart inflammation, an advisory panel of the World Health Organization said.

ECONOMIC IMPACT:
The Australian dollar eased against the greenback on Monday as a spike in COVID-19 cases in Sydney raised the prospect of an extended lockdown

WHO media briefing on COVID-19 - World Health Organization (WHO) Youtube Channel
WHO warns against mixing and matching COVID vaccines - Reuters
WHO says countries should not order COVID-19 boosters while others still need vaccines - Reuters
Most fully vaccinated people who get Covid delta infections are asymptomatic, WHO says - CNBC
From Wikipedia: In medicine, any disease is classified asymptomatic if a patient tests as carrier for a disease or infection but experiences no symptoms.
Fact Check-The Delta variant death toll is not zero in the United States, as posts claim - Reuters
NYC Covid Cases Rising as Delta Surges, Vaccinations Slow - Bloomberg

Our way out of the COVID-19 pandemic - WHO Youtube Channel
In South African COVID-19 ward, medics battle worst infection wave yet - Reuters Youtube Channel
India reports 38,792 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours - Reuters
Delta variant cases in Turkey nearly triple in a week - minister
Summary: Turkey has reported 5.5 million COVID-19 cases and 50,000 deaths in total.
Mississippi officials block COVID vaccine misinformation on Facebook - Washington Post
Full news here from Washington Post
Compilation: What you need to know about the coronavirus right now - Reuters
UK: Masks will remain mandatory on London's public transport network after July 19
Australia: Sydney extends lockdown as outbreak nears 900 infections. Australian authorities extended a lockdown in Sydney on Wednesday by at least 14 days.
Singapore: A cruise ship returns after suspected case.
South Korea: South Korea on Wednesday tightened social distancing curbs across most of the country to try to combat its worst-ever outbreak of coronavirus after new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday soared past previous daily peaks to 1,615.
For details, links of the news above, you can read this article below:

Last edited:
jLbfOXM.png

Had my first on June 2......second to come on September 2

made me a bit tired....thats about all

(that could have been old age too !!! )

Members online