Covid Corner

On a day of wild winds, freezing rain and heavy snow in Victoria, a few hardy snow lovers have been making the most of things in the high country, and all without violating a single Covid lockdown restriction.

On a day of wild winds, freezing rain and heavy snow in Victoria, a few hardy snow lovers have been making the most of things in the high country, and all without violating a single Covid lockdown restriction.

I am missing the snow. I live between a few ski resorts, more or less. I'm within an hour's drive of like six different skiing mountains. COVID was hell on the industry, which is unfortunate as one of them just re-opened after an extended closure due to funding and safety issues.

Huh... I tried to post this from my cell phone yesterday. Today, it was still here as a draft on a desktop system. Pretty neat. I figured that it worked like that, storing it server-side, but now I know for certain.

--------

Even at the doctor's I still wear a mask.

My gray hairs poke out, and I am fully vaccinated, but I'm still gonna wear my mask.

20210721_141422.jpg

The doctor's office still requires it, but I wear it anyhow. I'd likely continue to wear it even if they didn't require it. It's not required at things like grocery stores, but I wear it then as well.

I look pretty baked in that picture. I assure you that I was not.

Incognito KGIII !!

Looking good !

Serious question: Do muslim women that wear a Niqāb have to wear a mask, since they are already wearing one?

Attachments

• Woman_in_niqab,_Aleppo_(2010).jpg
    Woman_in_niqab,_Aleppo_(2010).jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Your smart to continue wearing a mask imo even if you have been vaccinated.

With the Delta variant now and the dumb asses who have no health related reasons and refuse to get vaccinated you need to take the extra precaution.

The family masks up everywhere we go although most businesses no longer require a mask.

I see the restrictions coming back into place the near future again as the Delta variant infects the non vaccinated and a new surge happens.

Serious question: Do muslim women wearing a Niqāb have to wear a mask, since they are already wearing one?
My thoughts would be yes, they should. Masks are made to filter out particles, but most garments are not. If anything, they are probably designed more to "breathe" more easily. Yet... anything is better than nothing. ;)

My thoughts would be yes, they should. Masks are made to filter out particles, but most garments are not. If anything, they are probably designed more to "breathe" more easily. Yet... anything is better than nothing. ;)
It does make sense now that you mention that but it sounds extremely uncomfortable having to wear to masks in front of your face.

The standard would appear to be a three layer mask.

Cotton against the face, low thread count is ok

In the middle either cotton or man made material.........some ability to waterproof is desirable

Outer layer, man made material...spandex etc

Ordinary cotton such as encountered in a niqab is not sufficient. If the person wearing the niqab is a positive case, they will infect everyone they come in contact with.

Common sense must prevail.

KGIII displays that above by choosing to continue wearing a mask, regardless

There was a growing trend for awhile (here in the US) where many people were double-masking. People have different tolerance levels for masking, but at least one good quality mask can help... a lot. My wife is a tattoo artist, and she had a very "close call" last year... exposed for over 4 hours in a small room with 3 members of the same family who all tested positive (she found out several days after their tattoo). We really credit masks for keeping her safe... she wore one, and she requires clients to wear them. Still today she requires them, though some of the other artists are starting to slack off with them.

Then these masks would suffice as well? ;)
SCZwaWQ9QXBp
dSZwaWQ9QXBp
eiZwaWQ9QXBp

NyZwaWQ9QXBp

I just had to, couldn't help it since we were talking about masks. Okay, two more.
LSZwaWQ9QXBp
cyZwaWQ9QXBp

And here's my mask.

Last edited:
I like the middle one.... I think I know her! ;):)

I seem to see this one a lot, but it doesn't look very effective....

mask.jpeg

Sure, I believe you. :oops:;)

LOL I didn't even have any wine in me, either!

That was at one of my doctor's offices and they've seen me stoned before. It's perfectly legal here, even for recreational use. I didn't smoke yesterday as I had some driving to do. Impaired driving is still illegal.

Your smart to continue wearing a mask imo even if you have been vaccinated.

I figure that wearing the mask can't really do anything but help. It's not like it's gonna make things worse and there's some chance that it'll make a positive difference.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective. There's also virus mutations to be considerate of. It takes 5 seconds to put a mask on and I can do it while walking. It's not even a little difficult. It's not even remotely a burden. It doesn't just protect me from you, it protects you from me.

Every single day there are instances of people who refused to mask up and get vaccines that die due to COVID. Yet, there are still some who think watching a YouTube video makes them an expert. They didn't 'do their own research', they looked for things to support their already firmly held beliefs. I don't have a whole lot of empathy for them.

Members online