Create binary file

OK, so what's your question?
I see you've attached a zip containing a .bin file - What is the file? I don't think anybody here is going to run the file in the zip without knowing what it is or where it came from!

Assuming it is a binary .bin installer for a piece of 3rd party software, and assuming you want to know how to install it:
1. Unzip the .bin file using whatever compression software you have installed (e.g. file-roller for Gnome)
2. Use chmod to make the file executable:
Code:
chmod +x ./z6.bin
Alternatively, right click the extracted file in your file manager and select 'properties' in the pop up menu. Then in the properties window, check the box that says 'executable' to set the executable bit in the permissions.

3. Run the bin file:
Code:
./z6.bin
NOTE: If this is an installer, this is best done via the command line and you will probably have to run as root. So depending on which distro you are using, either use sudo at the start of the command, or su to root before running the command.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT:
Only run the .bin file if you are confident that it is what it claims to be. Ensure you downloaded it from the relevant projects website and not from any dodgy websites. I will accept no responsibility for what will happen when you run the bin file! You downloaded the file, you know where you got it from, so you run it at your peril!

EVERYBODY ELSE HERE:
DO NOT attempt to run the .bin file yourself as we have no way of knowing what it is or where it came from.... Probably goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyway!

@OP: If this is not the information you were looking for, please post again and ask us an actual question. While you are at it, don't forget to include any relevant information that will help us to help you. After all, this is Linux.org; not a psychic hotline! XD Heh heh!

Members online