Crossover on Ubuntu

tfernandes

Reaction score
Credits
Hi All,

I was successful to run crossover on ubuntu to open o365 applications.

However the activation of the o365 doenst happen as I get error Unsupported Browser.

Is there a script to activate the o365 on ubuntu via Terminal.

Please advise.

Which browser(s) have you got? When it says "Unsupported Browser" does any browser open? What?

Do you have a computer with Windows 10 and do you have a Microsoft account.

If you have a Microsoft account then all that is needed is to login the Microsoft account and use Microsoft Office 365 for zero cost.

The Wife has a Microsoft account and can use Microsoft online free apps so cross platform / crossover isn't a bad thing imo.

My point being is I can login the Wife's Microsoft account and use any Microsoft online free app from any computer using Linux or Windows or Apple doesn't matter.

Which browser(s) have you got? When it says "Unsupported Browser" does any browser open? What?
Hi I am using chromium browser and firefox. After unsupported browser notification no window opens for me to login or else it would be easy to activate the o365 subscription.

Adding screenshot of the error i get

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-02-03 10-16-45.png
    Screenshot from 2020-02-03 10-16-45.png
    29 KB · Views: 359
This will prove particularly useful if you wish to install Office 365, as this cannot be installed on Linux.
Source - https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/install-use-microsoft-office-linux/

On Linux, you can't install the Office applications and the OneDrive app direktly on your computer, bur you can still use Office online and your OneDrive from your browser. Officialy supported browsers are Firefox and Chrome, but do try your favourite. It works with quite a few more. Se also Microsoft's web page for supported brows
Source - https://www.uio.no/english/services/it/store-collaborate/o365/help/linux.html

You mean to say its not possible at all.
I am only one step behind where I need to activate the o365. if somehow I am able to enter credentials then the activation succeeds and all is ok.

I will try to install a cracked version of office2016 onto a ubuntu machine and check.
If I have a product key that too will also do.
##
#

Hi! I had been facing the same issue, before I did the following:

0. I installed Internet Explorer's 8 dependencies (i.e. .NET 2.0, 4.0, MSXML 3.0, etc.)
1. I opened crossover
2. I went to / opened the bottle, where my Office 365 is installed
3. Clicked "Run Command..."
4. Typed: regedit
5. and once the registry editor opened, I navigated to: HKEY Current User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\
6. Then, I added a: new DWORD Value by right clicking on Identity and selecting New DWORD...
7. I named the new DWORD Value: EnableADAL and set it to 0 (zero)
8. Then, I closed the registry editor, simulated a reboot and reopened my Office 365 installation.

That solved my problem, i.e. I was able to Log into my account and activate my product (no blank/white/black screens appeared)

P.S. I am neither a native speaker, nor an eloquent one, so my instructions might be a little bit incomprehensible. I hope this helped, anyway!

If you are using Crossover you have a license meaning you have access to support, I would contact their support to help you with the problem.

Staff online

Members online