crostini for terminal 75

bocaj2564

Reaction score
Credits
It wont let me use Linux but when I look up Error starting crostini for terminal 75 it never shows 75

Ah, a Chromebook….. I don’t know offhand if any of the regulars here actually use Chromebooks with Linux. Most of us are on desktop/laptop PCs and there are a few who use Macs, or Raspberry Pi.

Hopefully someone will be able to help, but it might take some time.

From a quick bit of duckduckgo-fu, I’ve found a couple of links that might help you to troubleshoot your problem and get you up and running a bit more quickly.

This is a setup guide for using crostini:

And this page tells you how to find out more information when you experience errors:

Welcome to the forums,
Linux on chromebooks is not as easy as Linux on old/new laptops and desktops, depending on age and specification, most chromebooks can be converted [note most not all] some are reasonably straightforward, some you will need a degree of knowledge in working inside the machine, but there are some that you will never be able to install Linux on.
First we will need to know the exact make and model number [usually found on the manufacturer's plate either on the bottom of the machine or under the battery] As the specification does vary between the regions they are made to be sold in. Also, what versions of Linux have you tried.

edit I have no experience in trying to use a VM on chrome, so point this I cant help with

Last edited:
Found a couple of list that may or not be appropriate

Devices That Will Never Get Crostini​

Brand​
Model Name​
Acer​
Chromebase​
Chromebook 15.6″ CB3-531​
Chromebook 11 (C730 / C730E / C735)​
Chromebox​
Asus​
Chromebit CS10​
Chromebook C200​
Chromebook C201​
Chromebook C300​
Chromebook Flip C100PA​
AOpen​
Chromebase Commercial​
Chromebox Commercial​
Dell​
Chromebook 11 (3120)​
Chromebox​
Google​
HP​
Chromebook 14 G3​
Lenovo​
100S Chromebook​
ThinkPad 11e Chromebook​
ThinkPad X131e Chromebook
LG​
Samsung​
Chromebook 2 11″ / 13″​
Chromebook 2 11 – XE500C12​
Toshiba​
Chromebook​
Chromebook 2​
White label​
Enguarde​
Expresso​
Heli​
Jaq​
Jerry​
Mighty​

Unsupported Devices According to Google​

Device Description​
Reason​
Any device with BayTrail.​
No VT-x.​
Any device with Linux kernel 3.14 or older.​
Requires backports.​
Any device with a 32-bit ARM CPU.​
Firmware issues, limited storage/RAM.​

For the Chrome book It is a Acer Chromebook CB315-3H series model N19Q3 made in China on 2020/09/19 the version of Linux I used is this I'm pretty sure 4.14.313-20317-g173691c79e26

If it helps I have used Linux on this device but only now it doesn't work

Oh and also sorry for the long time I completely forgot about this it's from my ADD

I bought a pre used Chromebook, but couldn't get on with ChromeOS, so I converted mine to a regular Linux machine using info from mrchromebox website - I had to remove a screw, & then install a different 'BIOS' to the motherboard - now it is a fast booting laptop for (almost instant) internet use.