CUPS without printer

P

paulen

Good afternoon,

what is important to do if I want to use CUPS without printer? I want to create a request and send it to another PC (or the same PC using virtualized OS) without printing with a printer. I want to analyze traffic (requests) with Wireshark so printing is not important for me now. But I don't know how to realize it. The PC which is accepting my requests must be server or should be normal PC? I can't imagine what must the accepting PC support to accept my requests. Thank you and sorry for my english.

If the two computers are on the same wireless network, that is the same router, you can use a free program like NitroShare to send a file and monitor the connection. A larger file would give Wireshark more time to analyze the transfer.

Thank you. But I don't know how to do that the second PC can behave like a printer. If I want to find the second PC like printer I can't because it don't find it without a connected printer. So I can't connect to another PC. I know it's IP but it doesn't have any printer so I can't add it like a printer and I can't send any printing request. Do you know what to do?

Members online