Custom system sounds

Hillbilly H

Reaction score
Credits
is it possible to create custom system sounds? Mint 20.1

Thank you :)

is it possible to create custom system sounds? Mint 20.1

Yes it is and I've been doing this since Mint 17.2, all you need is Audacity and any music file of your choice.

Open Audacity and drag in your music file eg mp3, create about a 7 second file and save it to the Desktop as .ogg. I then cut and paste my .ogg file to the Home Folder, go to Sound...Sounds...Starting Cinnamon...click first box, this takes you to the Home Folder, select the .ogg music file and click...Open and you're done...it's that easy. :)

This is what it looks like when done...I have Star Wars. :D

Thank you sam444 added the info to my notes.
Might I suggest some fart noises :p
LOL H*** NO the womenfolk complain about me making them noises.
Think ill go with James Earl Jones,Bob Ross,Sam Kinison

Thank you sam444 added the info to my notes.

LOL H*** NO the womenfolk complain about me making them noises.
Think ill go with James Earl Jones,Bob Ross,Sam Kinison

While I can see women finding Jones' voice sexy and Ross' voice soothing, I can imagine them getting turned off by Kinison's voice because he's so loud and shrilling. Now if you're dealing with a woman who you don't want to be around, then whip out Kinison and she'll get annoyed and leave.

LOL in my "office" no one but me will hear my computer. i just have not found farts funny for a long long time. But i do love laughing with the youngins that do! ;)

P.S. Our ringtone

LOL in my "office" no one but me will hear my computer. i just have not found farts funny for a long long time. But i do love laughing with the youngins that do! ;)

I can also see a scenario where you play one sound that's a recording of Cloris Leachman saying "I'm Frau Blücher! *horses neigh and thunder rumbles*"