DAC sound card

ReginaBob

Reaction score
Credits
I am thinking of trying a DAC sound device to improve the audio on my tower with built in audio.It is an older i7.Is a cheaper DAC likely to be worthwhile?

Bought a steinberg UR12 yesterday.works fine on my tower;my real sound system is in storage right now,bit sounds good on the computer speakers.Also,has volume controls to bring the volume up.Even has a mic input,if I want to do some kareoke or something.

Well I've tried several DACs, they were all plug n play, they just worked (Linux Mint). I went down the USB DAC path and now wouldn't be without one. I bought one to get better sound and more volume, some were powered of the USB connection (the most convenient) and others had their own power supply (these gave the best volume). The best sound & volume for the buck was the FX-audio DAC-X6 from Aliexpress. Of course you can spend lots more for marginal gains.

When I bought my steinberg UR12,the guy said there is an optional power supply for it ,depending what I was using it for.Works fine on USB,but could still use more volume on some programs,such as video playback.Every one I tried is low volume.Strange,when Audacious has plenty of volume.Too bad it doesnt do video.

When I bought my steinberg UR12,the guy said there is an optional power supply for it ,depending what I was using it for.Works fine on USB,but could still use more volume on some programs,such as video playback.Every one I tried is low volume.Strange,when Audacious has plenty of volume.Too bad it doesnt do video.

Actually that is an ADC, not a DAC. The OP was asking about using a DAC.

Members online

Latest posts