Deb-get Make Easy to Install Many App .DEB Packages Not in Ubuntu Repository Last updated: May 27, 2022

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

Want to install an app via classic DEB package, but it’s not available in Ubuntu’s own repository? There’s a new command line tool “deb-get“, makes installing apps from 3rd party repositories as easy as single command.

Many applications (e.g., Google Chrome, 1Password, Teamviewer and more) provide DEB packages for Debian/Ubuntu either in their own apt repositories / PPAs or for downloading directly in website.

For example, run the command below in terminal will add Mozilla Team PPA and install Firefox ESR automatically:

deb-get install firefox-esr

You may firstly, run the command below to get a full list of supported packages:

deb-get list
Or use deb-get search KEYWORD to find out if your app is supported.

etc ....etc

READ IT

I want to say someone recently shared the same thing - along with a thread where they listed a bunch of similar things. They even added to/modified the thread as they found new methods.

Alas, searching for 'deb-get' has too many short words. As memory serves, they'd added PIP to the list, but that too is just three letters and search doesn't work with it.

My Google-Fu:

0cd7RxV.gif

Wizard to the rescue.

Alas, searching for 'deb-get' has too many short words. As memory serves, they'd added PIP to the list, but that too is just three letters and search doesn't work with it.

Known as lateral thinking, in which I have a Ph.D, along with modesty -

repository has way more than 3 letters.

Search under it here reveals

https://www.linux.org/threads/handy-tool-for-ubuntu-and-derivatives.40230/

From 5 May my time

Cheers

From 5 May my time

Nice! I knew there was one that I'd responded to, but after only finding the other submission (which I'd also read when it was authored) I figured it must have been my imagination.

Members online