Debian 10.7.0 live nonfree installer - Fail to create partition - Mobile broadband access and some other things

digitard

Reaction score
Credits
I enter live Debian, It seem to work fine, it has sound and it even found my internet provider but I couldn't connect perhaps because it's a live installer.

I started installation from the live environment and it failed both to create partition in unallocated space and format and reinstall over the partition that the previous Debian all free installation is.

Help me make it work,View attachment DSC00085.JPG I like it.

I started the installation from the boot manager and it did everything right. The OS boots and run smoothly but I have no internet.

I started the installation from the boot manager and it did everything right. The OS boots and run smoothly but I have no internet.
That's interesting. I am glad that it boots and runs smoothly.

Unfortunately whereas we have no information regarding your machine nor the ethernet or wireless card(s) installed it is impossible to offer much in the way of meaningful advice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You may need to install the driver (proprietary or otherwise), the 'binary-blob', adjust connection settings, or perhaps just switch the switch.

Yes guys, I'm just preparing for a new thread, I'm not expecting you to solve this for me without any information. Some forums wants the users to put 1 problem under a proper title (if this is the case here please tell me) Other forums doesn't care about off topic so much.

Until then, I will continue with my problem here. My internet it's a mobile USB with sim card. Inside the USB has installers and specifically for Linux.I'll put this ''readme'' here, and if necessary I will present all directories in a proper thread. I have never done setup from file in a linux OS, no detail for the process is unnecessary

0000000000000000000000000.jpg

The best thing you can do is download the Debian 10 .iso with the non-free firmware already included.

wizardfromoz already sent me there look:

This is what I have installed

file: debian-live-10.7.0-amd64-cinnamon+nonfree.iso
size: 2,89 GB (3.105.325.056 byte)
most definitely from the hybrid directory

The "Install" or "ReadMe" file should tell you how to get that installed.
BTW, installing tar.bz via commandline is not my specialty with Linux.

You could if you have difficulty trying to install from the ReadMe file; purchase a usb wifi dongle and try to connect that way.
TP-Link as far as I know works out of the box with Linux.

The "Install" or "ReadMe" file should tell you how to get that installed.
BTW, installing tar.bz via commandline is not my specialty with Linux.

You could if you have difficulty trying to install from the ReadMe file; purchase a usb wifi dongle and try to connect that way.
TP-Link as far as I know works out of the box with Linux.

I tried Tails with that USB broadband internet and it connected with 2 clicks... I don't like dongles neither wifi, I use it on the way, if it can work as it is I highly prefer it

I'll take a bit of a look at this during my day but first question is:

Have you tried following the instructions in the readme.txt you pictured?

BTW with lines beginning with a # that means you are issuing the commands as Root, so

sudo <instruction>

Wiz

I'll try to execute when I wake up at morning the time here is 1:55 (24 hour clock) good night for the moment and have a nice day

Guys I'm baffling with it, is it a good idea to upload everything that is inside the USB here (the actual files not photos of the files) so someone who understands, to give me some steps? I am in the phase where I became root... in the terminal and literary.

EDIT
additional information:
It is the Huawei E3131
In this thread that guy saying:

''Apparently there was no problem to solve (see http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswit ... f=4&t=1945 ) 14db as a product id meant that it had already been recognized as an ethernet modem.
the only reason why it didn't connect straight away was that I was using wicd rather than network-manager, and wicd doesn't support mobile broadband (as stated in their FAQ)''

I suspect that I have the same problem because when I click properties in the broadband it opens Ethernet properties... But I don't know how to check if I use wicd rather than network-manager like that guy...

Last edited:
more info:
net.jpg

The gear in the down corner is not active I can't click on it.^

net.s.jpg

If you run these commands in your Terminal it should show your network cards, drivers (if any), vendor, port, etc.
Code:
inxi -nx
Code:
lspci
Code:
lsusb

Thank you Vrai. I have not yet used the terminal other than becoming root for no reason.

However, for anyone in similar situation in Debian:

1) Plug your USB broadband device. Most likely it works out of the box. My device it's not in the list but it works https://wiki.debian.org/Modem/3G#Hardware_Support

2) As shown in the picture click on ''network connections'' last choice on the list

3) In the popup window click ''+'' and add a broadband connection

4) Follow the instructions, you are on the internet.

[This pirate signal is casted via broadband connection using Debian 10.7.0]

Thank you all

Last edited:

Latest posts