Debian installation without network connection

M

matija.trol

Hello,
I'm completely new in Linux world, but I really want to learn how to use UNIX codes and Linux OS. I began by reading Beginner Tutorials here on this site, and find that as the beginner I should start with Debian. So I went on Debian's official site and downloaded the version I can install without internet connection. I downloaded the first three dvd.iso files from there, burned DVDs and started installation. Everything went right more-less, and the installation was completed. I had rebooted computer, GRUB started Debian and than everything stopped. Massages were: could't read file., you need to load kernel first.
What am I supposed to do?
Please help.

Kind regards.

First question: What is the reason for installing off-line?
Second question: Did you get the right build for your processor?

My network connection is running trough username and password, so i don't know how to acces it trough BIOS.
I don't know did I get the right one for my processor couse there was only one ISO type when i oppened the link provided to me at that time.

My network connection is running trough username and password
PPPoE?

Debian Installer, starting with February 2007 supports installing a system via PPPoE and will configure the system accordingly. At the regular Debian Installer boot line just append modules=ppp-udeb (e.g.: type installgui modules=ppp-udeb to start a graphical installation via PPPoE).

More information in the Installation Guide, chapter Installing Debian GNU/Linux using PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE).
https://wiki.debian.org/PPPoE

The message means that GRUB can't read that file. Check your disk.

Thanks for PPPoE comment, it worked and I managed to connect to internet during the installation.
I finally discovered what was the problem; it was with the disk. I have two hard disks, one SATA 500GB and one HDD 37GB(a hard disk from an old computer), I was trying to install Debian on HDD, but what went wrong I don't know. I saw some posts on other pages saying to check BIOS settings. That was to advance for me, so I installed Debian on SATA and now everything is working fine.

Members online