Deleting my account

• Thread starter Deleted member 140508
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 140508

I would like to delete my account. I checked in the settings for an option to delete it but found nothing. If you could walk me through on how to do it, that would be great.

It takes an admin to delete your account. I'll ping them, but it could be a bit before they are online and notice.

@Rob @wizardfromoz

There you go. One of those folks should be along to remove your account. I do not have access to that function, as a lowly moderator. ;-)

Done. He is welcome to return at any time.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hi,
I want to close my account, if you can help I would be grateful,

wizardfromoz

The above has been attended to.

Good luck.

Wizard

The above has been attended to.

Good luck.

Wizard
What's the difference between being deleted with your username still being displayed and having "Deleted member" displayed?

Last edited:
What's the difference between being deleted with your username still being displayed and having "Deleted member" displayed?
Why do people want to delete their accounts in the first place. Warlock had a few hundred posts. Seems such a waste.

Deleting accounts in most cases means losing access to your data, nothing is actually deleted

I don't know why people go to the trouble of creating an account then all of a sudden say...I want to delete it.
t1848.gif

It would be better to leave the account open and walk away as you can always come back...simple.
m0103.gif

I agree, but he followed it up with the same in a conversation with me, so I complied, with regret.

Maarten, when Senior Staff (Administrator like me, or Super Administrator like @Rob ) delete an account, we can choose to leave the person's content with their Username intact or have it changed to a generated Deleted Member number.

I opted for the former in Warlock's case, because his Thread here on Funnies has made people laugh, and I want him to know that he is welcome to return if he so chooses.

As to removal of all content, all Moderating Staff can Spam Clean a Member, but that may also cause them to appear on a blacklist somewhere and we do not do that for Members in good standing.

HTH

Wiz

Staff online

Members online