Reaction score
Credits
hello all,
sorry for interruprtion
but can you help me?
i installed kali linux via wsl2 on windows 10
but i cannot setup GUI and xrdp
error is kali-desktop-core : Depends: kali-themes but it is not installed

It sounds like you need to install the "kali-themes" package to resolve the dependency issue you're seeing. You can do this using the following command in your Kali Linux WSL2 terminal:

csharpCopy code
sudo apt-get install kali-themes

Once you have installed the kali-themes package, you can try installing the kali-desktop-core package again, which should also install the necessary dependencies for the GUI and xrdp:

csharpCopy code
sudo apt-get install kali-desktop-core

After installing the GUI, you can try starting the xrdp service with the following command:

sqlCopy code
sudo service xrdp start

You should then be able to connect to your Kali Linux WSL2 instance via remote desktop.

Thank you.
But I did before "sudo apt-get install kali-themes"
And after that there is error

Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kali-themes_2023.1.5_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

It's better to ask questions about WSL on a Windows forum because running Linux on Windows through some sort of sub-system is really not running Linux how it is meant to be run. If I were to ask a question on a Windows forum about how to run a Windows application on Wine on Linux I would get pointed towards a Linux forum or the WINE forum. Since a big chance most people there have no experience with WINE and Linux and they would say Windows applications aren't actually meant to be run through WINE but that it's better to run them on Windows. Although I appreciate that WINE has made it possible to run Windows games on Linux, back to my point 99.9% of the users here have no WSL experience so asking a question about a Linux distribution being through run WSL is kind of pointless here. You will probably even have more luck on the official Kali forums since it seems to be officially supported by them as well.

Last edited:
It's better to ask questions about WSL on a Windows forum because running Linux on Windows through some sort of sub-system is really not running Linux how it is meant to be run. If I were to ask a question on a Windows forum about how to run a Windows application on Wine on Linux I would get pointed towards a Linux forum or the WINE forum. Since a big chance most people there have no experience with WINE and Linux and they would say Windows applications aren't actually meant to be run through WINE but that it's better to run them on Windows. Although I appreciate that WINE has made it possible to run Windows games on Linux, back to my point 99.9% of the users here have no WSL experience so asking a question about Linux distribution being through WSL is kind of pointless here.
okey. Thank you. I got you

Members online