Developers Needed

Halchair

Reaction score
Credits
I will only pay for finished work. I am ok with this being Open Source - but we who work on this will figure out how we want this all done.

The program must.

1.) Allow people to text, share images, videos, files to each other.
2.) The software must be a stand alone with its own known user list per app/server - so no central servers of any sort (outside of what is needed as we get this software started initially).
3.) Be built in modals so once you can do the basic's I can re hire you to make more add ons to the software - willing to do open source and bring all of you in if you are all interested in free speech and a new working internet.
4.) work on all OS and mobile devices.

The program will come in 2 forms.
App - tries to find 1000 servers and keep track of them by IP - Keeps the owner of the app's user posts, comments, data locally. also has a search function.
Server - Same as the app only it asks for a TB of hard drive to be on site storage and app/server storage (the user base owns the servers via their own computers with the server version of the program installed on their pc, will track other servers by ip world wide, and local apps with ping less then 20.

DOES NOT NEED TO BE UP TO DATE ACROSS THE SYSTEM, if someones phone/pc is disconnected from the net that data can't be found until they reconnect, if your app/server has to require a persons IP that is on that users system (which should auto correct when they perform a search and that changed ip app/server gets hit by someone and responds back - this changed ip server/app will be refound when it does a search - like I said the information is kept local so the list on your system just updates with every search ping sent/received).

Search works as follows.
Asking source types in keyword and presses enter or clicks search to start the search.
Search keyword gets pinked to the servers.
Servers then ping search keyword to all known servers
All servers ping the apps in their area.
Any servers or apps with the relevant data directly pings the requesting app/server back by ip building a list (like you see in a search engine) allowing the user to then go through the list to see if they can find what they want.

If you are interested lets talk and work this all out (I got it all but may have to tweak to what you can do and can not)

Last edited:

Moved to off-topic. It's definitely not a dev-ops question.

Matrix and mastodon cannot do what I want done.

Can you install these onto a phone or computer to have a decentrilized everything, from web hosting to social interactions?

Cuz after looking at them the answer seems to be no.

Matrix and mastodon cannot do what I want done.

Can you install these onto a phone or computer to have a decentrilized everything, from web hosting to social interactions?

Cuz after looking at them the answer seems to be no.
I know for a fact that the Matrix people are working on getting together a Matrix app with your own server embedded, so you're always decentralized. As far as web hosting, that doesn't need Matrix. Just pop Apache on your PC.

Ya I hollared at them after a bit of research, they have not responded.

So I am back to needing a dev

You could try asking them in their Matrix rooms. They'd be much more likely to respond there. Specifically, try #matrix-dev:matrix.org

Members online

Latest posts