Digital microscope

jedson303

Reaction score
Credits
I want to be able to view microscopic creatures on my computer screen. I have an ordinary binocular microscope. Is there a way to attach it to my computer? If not, is there a digital microscope that will work with my linux platform? My main interest is in looking at one celled creatures that would be in the protista family.
jedso303

I've never thought about doing this, but I imagine it is no different than connecting a digital camera to your computer. If you microscope has the capability to attach a camera, or there is a kit that would allow a camera to be attached, this would be fairly easy to accomplish. My Mint can display pictures straight from my cell phone and even from an old Olympus digital camera, just by connecting with a USB cable. BTW I bought the Olympus camera back in 2000. My cell phone is a brand new One+. So, this covers 19 years of technological changes in digital photography.

Good luck, and tell us if your microscope can use a digital camera attachment.

I've never thought about doing this, but I imagine it is no different than connecting a digital camera to your computer. If you microscope has the capability to attach a camera, or there is a kit that would allow a camera to be attached, this would be fairly easy to accomplish. My Mint can display pictures straight from my cell phone and even from an old Olympus digital camera, just by connecting with a USB cable. BTW I bought the Olympus camera back in 2000. My cell phone is a brand new One+. So, this covers 19 years of technological changes in digital photography.

Good luck, and tell us if your microscope can use a digital camera attachment.

Talking about this, I think I'm also interested to use Linux with my telescope and camera to make some kind of astrophotography or videography (I don't even know if this word is exist lol), and I think it will be good if I can do it with Linux. Does anyone have any experiences on doing this?