Discontent with Linux.

Talk about the aged - 8 Track tapes were the thing when I graduated High School - 45's were still in Jukebox - Cassettes were just getting put into cars - my first computer I used was a Zenith Z-100 when I was in the Air Force with DOS - Windows 95 came out right after I retired from it - Switched to Linux after XP died and have not looked back. 61 years young myself - The first album I ever bought was Black Sabbath Paranoid in 1970 I still have it.

If you are having problems with Linux post your specs
Code:
inxi -Fx
help is just a few keystrokes away

That sounds more like a video driver problem from your short description without knowing anything about your system.

I have to agree, having wasted several weeks trying to figure out why I could not see an external screen on a Ryzen 5-4500 laptop with Ubuntu or Mint. It turned out to be the old-Kernel version (5.4xxx) those Distros were using.

I finally figured it out when in desperation, I manually installed Kernel 5.8 and Bingo, all resolved with the newer Mesa Drivers therein. Finally Ubuntu now provides 5.8 in the first Upgrade after the install. And Mint includes an "Edge" install version with 5.8 already in place.

I suspect the OP gave up too quickly as I have win10 and Mint 20.04 all running in complete harmony and it has been that way for 9-months.

Members online