Display Settings - Screen goes blank

Dave H

Reaction score
Credits
Hello All,
I am very new to Linux. Been using LinuxCNC for a bit, but as far as the rest of the OS is concerned I know virtually nothing.
Here's what happened:
I tried to improve my display settings and I now have a blank screen, with the "No Signal" error coming up. When I went to change the display from laptop (which I am not using) to Viewsonic 17" (which I am using) I also unchecked the "Use this display" checkbox and the screen went blank. I can reboot and log in, but the screen goes blank as described above. Is there a simple way to repair this goof?
I do not know the default password for the admin account. :confused:

I am currently using Debian Wheezy because I tried Debian Stretch (with a newer version of LinuxCNC) but the PC would shut down every 10-15 minutes, take a nap, and come back on in 3-5 minutes. Is that a hardware issue or an installation issue?
Using an Atom D525MW processor, 4GB RAM, with onboard graphics. Never saw this behavior with Wheezy.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

Hello All,
I am very new to Linux. Been using LinuxCNC for a bit, but as far as the rest of the OS is concerned I know virtually nothing.
Here's what happened:
I tried to improve my display settings and I now have a blank screen, with the "No Signal" error coming up. When I went to change the display from laptop (which I am not using) to Viewsonic 17" (which I am using) I also unchecked the "Use this display" checkbox and the screen went blank. I can reboot and log in, but the screen goes blank as described above. Is there a simple way to repair this goof?
I do not know the default password for the admin account. :confused:

I am currently using Debian Wheezy because I tried Debian Stretch (with a newer version of LinuxCNC) but the PC would shut down every 10-15 minutes, take a nap, and come back on in 3-5 minutes. Is that a hardware issue or an installation issue?
Using an Atom D525MW processor, 4GB RAM, with onboard graphics. Never saw this behavior with Wheezy.

Thanks,
Dave
How did you "improve" your display settings? You need to trackback your steps.

Members online

Latest posts