Display turns off after 10 minutes on login screen

ForeverNoob

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

A problem on every distro I tried: if I leave the computer on login screen for 10 minutes it turns of the display. Is there a way to prevent this?

TIA

whats happens if you hit space bar , or maybe esc key; since my screen can go black and look off but comes to life if i do the space bar etc

Depending on what desktop envirnment you are using...go into the Settings and change the amount of time before the screen blanks. I set mine to never.

Is there a particular reason you want it to sit on the login screen?

Does this same behaviour still occur after the machine has been logged in ?

Edit to Add: Which Linux are you using ?

Last edited:
Hello,

A problem on every distro I tried: if I leave the computer on login screen for 10 minutes it turns of the display. Is there a way to prevent this?

TIA
I wouldn't all that a problem, how could it take anyone Ten minutes to get around
to logging in after turning on a computer. Some OS 's allow you to set up auto login,
this introduces security issues though.

Thanks to all who answered. I will explain:

My LG display has a built-in crosshair for gaming. The problem is that It has to be manually turned on every time after the display is switched off, something which happenes 10 minutes after reboot if I don't login. This is a display manager thing and happenes with SDDM, LightDM, GDM etc. Not a huge problem, just a small inconvenience I'm trying to eliminate.

Members online

Latest posts