Distro selection

Xubuntu or Zorin OS

• Xubuntu 18.04 32-bit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zorin OS 15.1 Lite 32-bit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrVeink

I found with my teacher an old PC and we decided to get it to work again. The specs are an Athlon XP 2600+, 1.5gb ram, GeForce 256 and ≈56-57gb of storage. I'm not sure should I install Xubuntu 18.04 or Zorin OS 12 Lite on it. Both have the same minimum system requirements. Which one is haves more windows-like UI?

superboy2k6

I guess Zorin is good and stylish enough. It's beautiful and really fast but if you want a better experience you could go with Lubuntu / Xubuntu and modify it according to your needs (like change the desktop environment)

You could also try Manjaro's XFCE edition. It's great for slow systems. Do you favour performance or beauty more? Your choice :)

arochester

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Which one is haves more windows-like UI?
Linux is not Windows. Windows is not Linux.

It might LOOK like Windows but it is still Linux.

Zorin probably has the look of Windows more.

Have you looked at Lubuntu?

Tolkem

I found with my teacher an old PC and we decided to get it to work again. The specs are an Athlon XP 2600+, 1.5gb ram, GeForce 256 and ≈56-57gb of storage. I'm not sure should I install Xubuntu 18.04 or Zorin OS 12 Lite on it. Both have the same minimum system requirements. Which one is haves more windows-like UI?
If you're looking for a Windows-like UI distro you migth want to take a look at Q4OS https://q4os.org/downloads1.html the trinity desktop looks a lot like Win 7. Check it out
requirements are as low as
Trinity desktop - 300MHz CPU / 128MB RAM / 3GB disk
I think this one might just be it.

Cewyah

Puppy Linux is my favorite really light weight distro.
You only need:
  • CPU : Pentium 900 MHz
  • RAM : 300 MB RAM
  • Hard Drive : Optional
  • DVD-ROM : 20x and up or USB

I was able to run it on a really crappy laptop and it was so much faster than windows 10(which lagged like crazy) and even had a bunch of fun playing and installing minetest on it.

Cewyah

That actually could work but:
1) I already made installation media.
2) I want it to look new to make an illusion that it would be "new again".

But tänks for the help
Not trying to be mean but, you'd be better off finding a distro that suits your needs/wants instead of one that looks like windows. It won't run windows programs, just find one that you like. :D

poorguy

MrVeink

How many times people is going to say that Linux is not Windows? I f*cking know it. I just want it to look like Windows because then it would be easier to students use it because every other computer in our school is a Windows laptop.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts