DMAR not present while installaing RHELv5.11

ilavaa

Reaction score
Credits
Im trying to install RHEL v5.11 workstation in my HP elitebook 745G6 laptop. But im getting 'ACPI Error: DMAR not present error'. Im installaing from bootable USB with legacy mode and due to some reasons im unable to use the latest version of RHEL.

Kindly let me know how to solve this error and proceed the installation.

boot error.jpg

RHEL5.11 is not the latest version of RHEL but an End of Life version which you shouldn't be trying to install because of it not getting anymore updates, try installing RHEL7 or RHEL8.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. But unfortunately due to business needs i must install v5.11. Could you please clarify whether installation itself is not supported in the latest laptops or only support. once the purpose is achieved then Im planning to upgrade to the latest until that I hardly need v5.11 :(

No idea what that error means or the cause but my guess is that some type of firmware is not present in newer laptops that RHEL5 needs causing it to on hang on boot. Other option could be that something is wrong with the bootable usb device that you created, try creating a new bootable usb device using dd, rufus or etcher.

Thanks for the reply. Downloaded binary ISO from RH website and used Rufus for creating bootable USB. I have also try to install UBuntu and Windows and installation went successful. Is there a way to check what firmware gives this error

I have no way to be sure if that is the case about the firmware but just a guess, try booting with the boot parameters it mentions at the top of the screen where it hangs. Since RHEL5 is an unsupported OS version I'm not going spend anymore time on this, you have a RHEL subscription it might be worth a try creating a RHEL support ticket to see if they can help you out.

If 'business needs' dictate an EOL OS, run away and get a better job.

Members online