DMB Digital Media Broadcast

magmas

Reaction score
Credits
I have a old Linux display signage that I connected to a router connected to my Windows 10 computer. Can I use a computer to display any video or image on this screen? The screen have only network port nothing else?

Try finding its IP address and ssh into to it, have a look
a look around and see if you find what the last use case was.
If it is password protected that may not work though.

Try finding its IP address and ssh into to it, have a look
a look around and see if you find what the last use case was.
If it is password protected that may not work though.
I know the ip address and i can ping it and pass ok and i know the password i ask how to send video or image to play it from windows

Does the sign not have its own OS, and program to support video playback installed, the idea would be to load the video onto the sign, and use the signs onboard player to play it at start up.
I have never done this, but given what i read on the Raspberry Pi forum, a small microprocessor such as a Raspberry Pi is whats installed in such devices / kiosks / digital signage.

If you know the IP type ssh root@the ip address and enter your password when prompted, In the example above I used the user root,
but given you know the password, then I would assume you know the user for this password, so again, sss whateveruser@ipaddress and enter your password, if you get logged on, type uname -a that will show the OS that is installed, and give you a starting point.

Hopefully others who know more will come along and help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts