do mac's recognize androids when plugged into them directly?

C

CrazedNerd

I've had tempting thoughts about buying macbooks, because it's the go-to machine for audio editing, recording, creating. While i don't plan to buy one if they do, i'm just wondering if any of you have personal experience with this. Through searches, i'm getting something similar to when i stupidly bought an iPad just because i could:

-apple being vague and presenting a simple set of instructions

-people complaining about how their macbook will not recognize android...

...so, the answer seems really obvious, "no", but i'm wondering as someone who rejects apple products overall, if anyone knows more about this here, "the truth".

Depends on what you mean by "see".
I'm assuming you want to copy files between them. Technically the answer is no.
Apple wants to own all your files. They can only go into the apple cloud. You aren't "allowed" to copy
them to anything local. (My biggest complaint against Apple). However, you can use a USB/Thunderbolt
hub and plug both devices into it. They will see each other. I have been able to jack in and copy some files
but it's been difficult.

Depends on what you mean by "see".
I'm assuming you want to copy files between them. Technically the answer is no.
Apple wants to own all your files. They can only go into the apple cloud. You aren't "allowed" to copy
them to anything local. (My biggest complaint against Apple). However, you can use a USB/Thunderbolt
hub and plug both devices into it. They will see each other. I have been able to jack in and copy some files
but it's been difficult.
I wouldn't have even needed to post that question if Apple were a little more honest, but that bit about the hub is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
To get your Android device connected to your Mac, turn the Android's debugging mode on before connecting via USB.

1.Press the "Menu" button on your Android device and tap "Settings."
2.Tap "Applications," then "Development."
3.Tap "USB Debugging."
4.Connect your Android device to your Mac with the USB cable Mac should see it now

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts