Do You Want A "Cutting Edge" Distro?

I used to play with cutting edge, including being an early adopter for hardware.

These days, I'm a LTS kinda guy.

Well, kinda... I do test daily releases of Lubuntu - but that's all done on dedicated hardware and virtual machines. I mostly test the live instance, so I don't have the daily live image installed on real hardware.

I used to play with cutting edge, including being an early adopter for hardware.

These days, I'm a LTS kinda guy.

Well, kinda... I do test daily releases of Lubuntu - but that's all done on dedicated hardware and virtual machines. I mostly test the live instance, so I don't have the daily live image installed on real hardware.
Everyone needs a hobby I suppose. I would suppose that you'd agree with me that "latest and greatest" isn't usually the most reliable. On many occasions, people want stuff that "just works".

Everyone needs a hobby I suppose. I would suppose that you'd agree with me that "latest and greatest" isn't usually the most reliable. On many occasions, people want stuff that "just works".

Yup. I don't want to mess with my OS. I just want it to work. I've grown to like consistency.

I don't want to spend time tweaking. I want a robust OS where I can easily make a dark theme. I don't want to have to install too many applications, so I don't start off with a minimal installation (nor does my preferred distro offer such).

I want it to look good at the window level. (I couldn't care less about the desktop, 'cause I never see that.) If I'm not using LXQt, I'm using Cinnamon. I'm comfortable with whatever runs it, but I'm quite comfortable in the apt-using Debian family.

As for the Lubuntu testing, I'm on the Lubuntu dev team (as a tester), an official member. You could actually reach me at 'uninvolved (at) lubuntu (dot) me'. The 'uninvolved' is an error and should be KGIII, but it was an error going on a decade old, so I am not going to change it.

Close enough:
Code:
System:
  Host: raspberrypi Kernel: 6.1.0-v8+ arch: aarch64 bits: 64 Desktop: Xfce
    v: 4.18.0 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS bookworm/sid

Members online

Latest posts